FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

eBay ads: Mosler Nuclear Blast Resistant Doors + Coffin Keys

<<

VancouverSpecial

Post Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:51 am

eBay ads: Mosler Nuclear Blast Resistant Doors + Coffin Keys

Who doesn't need Nuclear Blast resistant doors? Or emergency coffin keys? :mrgreen:

Mosler Safe Co. NUCLEAR RESISTANT Vault Doors Original Brochure - ex employee
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mosler-Safe-Co-NUCLEAR-RESISTANT-Vault-Doors-Original-Brochure-ex-employee-/221664962538?&_trksid=p2056016.m2518.l4276
From the booklet: "Today, Mosler is the only manufacturer of this type of equipment whose products have been tested under actual nuclear detonations..." :shock:

COFFIN / CASKET KEYS (FOR EMERGENCIES OR WHAT EVER)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/COFFIN-CASKET-KEYS-FOR-EMERGENCIES-OR-WHAT-EVER-/181642785872?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a4ac0f450
Don't get locked out of a coffin ever again! :razz:

Happy hunting,
Sean

York Coffin Keys
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:29 am

Re: eBay ads: Mosler Nuclear Blast Resistant Doors + Coffin

Mosler Nuclear Blast Resistant Doors - exactly what I need for when my wife sees that I spent too much on locks. :D

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Doogs

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:08 am

GWiens2001 wrote:Mosler Nuclear Blast Resistant Doors - exactly what I need for when my wife sees that I spent too much on locks. :D

Gordon

Or when you overindulge at chilifest. Well they mat not be that resistant. :mrgreen:
The other, other, other, other Mike

(21:55:20) HAL 9001RC:: Heh heh uh heh uh heh uh uh heh PhoneMan said ass
<<

VancouverSpecial

Post Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:32 pm

Doogs wrote:
GWiens2001 wrote:Mosler Nuclear Blast Resistant Doors - exactly what I need for when my wife sees that I spent too much on locks. :D

Gordon

Or when you overindulge at chilifest. Well they mat not be that resistant. :mrgreen:

It does say "doors and valves" - they may have the ability to withstand such a gas attack afterall - LOL :D
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:02 pm

the coffin keys are to to raise or lower the pillow rest.
...Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air... Eagles, Hotel California, 1976
<<

VancouverSpecial

Post Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:44 pm

bitbuster wrote:the coffin keys are to to raise or lower the pillow rest.

is that from inside or outside the coffin? :mrgreen:
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:53 am

VancouverSpecial71 wrote:It does say "doors and valves" - they may have the ability to withstand such a gas attack afterall - LOL :D

That type of valve is only for nuclear blasts. They're used on fallout shelters to protect the contents and occupants from potentially devastating air pressure changes in the shelter. After a blast you have overpressure as the shockwave hits, then "suction" afterwards that pulls all the air in the area back towards the blast site.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blast_valve

There are places that sell very pricey blast valves, but there are plans out there that let you make your own very effective blast valves for home shelters using nothing but some wooden planks and old tires. Can't cut corners though, every part of those home-grown designs tends to be very necessary.

An air filtration system is what you'd need to maintain breathable air in nuclear, biological or chemical attacks. The blast valve doesn't replace an air filtration system, it helps protect your air filtration system (which is between the blast valve and the shelter) from being destroyed by the shockwave created by the detonation of a nuclear device.

I realize your comment was in jest, but I just can't resist a discussion about fallout shelters.
<<

VancouverSpecial

Post Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:05 am

MBI,

Thanks for the info - very interesting stuff!

Large sudden pressure changes alone can have devastating effects on the body - pleura edema (burst/damaged lung tissue) and burst eardrums for starters. I do a lot of diving and sudden pressure changes are not to be trifled with if you want to keep breathing.

Your post is one of the things I love about this forum - the collective wisdom and free sharing of information by the members keeps me coming back for more, never sure what I might learn about next.

Kind regards,
Sean
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:53 pm

Very nice. Im with Gordon, need one of those to fight off the wife then the bank statement comes in lol

Return to Buy, Sell & Trade