FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Wanted: Precut Medeco Keys and Pin sets

<<

twenglish 1

Post Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:56 pm

Wanted: Precut Medeco Keys and Pin sets

I have two Medeco mortise cylinders without keys and would like to rekey them for my personal use, i have seen these precut keys and pin sets on ebay but i dont think they are the correct ones, my two locks have 5 pins, one is a biaxial and one is a classic, will post pictures of keyways if needed
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:01 pm

Re: Wanted: Precut Medeco Keys and Pin sets

Yes, we'll definitely need the keyways to see if they take any of the few Medeco blanks which are available and not restricted.
<<

Doogs

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:21 pm

Ha! Never thought about doing that for my Keymark! I wonder if Sean will give it back now that he's picked it? LOL
The other, other, other, other Mike

(21:55:20) HAL 9001RC:: Heh heh uh heh uh heh uh uh heh PhoneMan said ass
<<

l0ckcr4ck3r

Familiar Face

Post Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:27 pm

<<

twenglish 1

Post Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:02 pm

Hopefully these pictures of the keyways are good enough, one is a mececo classic and one is a biaxia, should be able to see the biaxial logo on the one, and that is the one listing i looked at on ebay, my locks are both five pins, i could only find keys for the 6 pins on ebay
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Squelchtone

Post Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:38 pm

what you're asking for is not at all an easy task, especially with the Biaxial one. Biaxial is a technology, a way of cutting the keys with special spacing.. They arent like Schlage where there is like 1 or 2 keyways that are common, Medeco had dozens of keyways and many more undocumented ones that were restricted to end users and not available anywhere else. The Air level 1 Original wont be hard to get blank or cut keys, getting the corresponding pins to match the key, you'll have to find some seller on ebay who is also a locksmith who will sell you the pins to match, perhaps this seller http://www.ebay.com/itm/191542839537 , or one of us who has a Medeco pin kit. That Biaxial.. you might as well go on ebay and buy a bixaxial with keys included or get one from security snobs for $15 bucks + $7 per key https://securitysnobs.com/Medeco-Biaxia ... -Used.html There just arent any charts or diagrams showing the keyways unless someone has a really sharp eye and can ID what you have. I can tell you it isnt the X3 keyway, because I just compared it to one in my collection, it is also not the same keyway as a snobs cylinder.

best of luck man,
Squelchtone
<<

twenglish 1

Post Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:08 pm

I just figured i would ask because i saw the key and pin sets on ebay, and figured someone might be able to provide key and pin sets for the locks i have
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:14 pm

you could try a local Locksmith that deals with Medeco (I have in the past but I only need some driver pins and springs)
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

twenglish 1

Post Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:28 am

I will probably end up doing that, I thought there might be someone on here would have been a medeco dealer
<<

twenglish 1

Post Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:00 pm

The biaxial has a sticker on the back that says C'89 and the classic has a sticker on the back that says B'88, not sure if this could help identify they keyway, I'm guessing these are just the dates of manufacture and the letter is the month?
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:02 pm

Those are just manufacture dates.
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

lovelocks

Familiar Face

Post Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:44 am

I was in the same boat, but mine were M3's so I lucked out getting the ebay pin sets, they worked perfectly. Good luck.
<<

twenglish 1

Post Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:43 pm

I found a local locksmith that deals in medeco so I will be giving them a call, I thought there might have been someone on the forum who is a medeco dealer
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:41 pm

twenglish 1 wrote:I found a local locksmith that deals in medeco so I will be giving them a call, I thought there might have been someone on the forum who is a medeco dealer

I can just see it...

"Yo, my man... You wanna buy some blanks? I got blanks, dude. How about pins? Yeah, I got BiAxial. You want drivers or key pins? Expensive? Nah, they are matched, so worth the price. Say, how about some cam pins? Don't forget the springs. Hey, man, these are the s###! These are not just cheap a## springs that the other dealers as selling. These are anti-tangle springs. "

:mrgreen:

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Deadlock

Post Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:46 am

Ha ha!

Now I'm thinking of the Furry Freak Brothers... :smile:

...The Furry Freak Brothers in 'Medeco Madness'... hey, it even sounds right!

Return to Buy, Sell & Trade