FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Beginner's Pick Making #1

Forum rules
A section for neophytes learning the hobby!

Learn the requisite skills watching videos of other experienced members in action.

Post TUTORIAL videos only!
<<

Tarquin

Familiar Face

Post Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:07 am

Re: Beginner's Pick Making #1

I finally got a shit ton of wiper inserts from my mechanic. These work perfectly and I have enough to last me a lifetime.

All different sizes too. Yeah, a car mechanic and wiper inserts is definitely the way to go.
<<

Shearlock

Familiar Face

Post Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:08 pm

Awesome video, further prompting me to give in and go buy a bench grinder immediately. Thanks!

-Shearlock
xeo: One day you're gonna come home and find your wife laying in bed naked with a medeco biaxial locking her chastity belt...
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:38 pm

Shearlock wrote:Awesome video, further prompting me to give in and go buy a bench grinder immediately. Thanks!

-Shearlock

My 2 cents: I prefer using a wet grinder. It has a regular grinder on one side and a wet grinder on the other, with a water well around the wheel. It's a finer grit wheel and turns more slowly, giving you better control and a smoother finished surface. You also have no overheating of the material with a wet grinder, or having to continually stop to quench it. Mine was around $35 years ago, but I think you can still get one for under $50 at HF.
Previous

Return to Tutorials