FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

can't pick master dg padlock

<<

vision688

Familiar Face

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:24 pm

can't pick master dg padlock

i can pick all master locks but this one ive been at it for a while...need any help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: can't pick master dg padlock

Have you tried picking it counter clock wise? It may be broke, that's what I tell everyone when I can't pick something!!!
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

vision688

Familiar Face

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:45 pm

tried every way even went to have a key code cutted key works fine just can't pick it open
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:02 pm

That 01703 is a direct code for the bitting. It's a high low high bitted, may take some practice!
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:40 pm

5 pin stacks, all standard. Picks CW. One of my favorite laminated masterlocks. M4 blank. It's so hilarious that it's stamped US, assembled in Mexico

Could you take a photo of the key?
<<

vision688

Familiar Face

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:07 pm

pic of the key
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:26 pm

Right on man. Here's a key photo from a lock I gifted.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:28 pm

ToolyMcgee wrote:5 pin stacks, all standard. Picks CW. One of my favorite laminated masterlocks. M4 blank. It's so hilarious that it's stamped US, assembled in Mexico

Could you take a photo of the key?

Dumb question Tooly, I am learning about all these keyblanks, on my own of course. Thats a master 81 KR in the pic right? That would be a M15 blank also, where did you get the M4? Different mfg or am I missing something?
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:46 pm

the lockpickkid wrote:Thats a master 81 KR in the pic right? That would be a M15 blank also, where did you get the M4? Different mfg or am I missing something?

I'll have to check your numbers tomorrow. I just know M4 is what I have used to duplicate them in the past. I wanna say it's 1092v ilco number, but don't hold me to that.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:51 pm

ToolyMcgee wrote:
the lockpickkid wrote:Thats a master 81 KR in the pic right? That would be a M15 blank also, where did you get the M4? Different mfg or am I missing something?

I'll have to check your numbers tomorrow. I just know M4 is what I have used to duplicate them in the past. I wanna say it's 1092v ilco number, but don't hold me to that.

That's what I have also 1092V. Your probably right about the M4
Thanks Tooly, this stuff is confusing, too many different key numbers!
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:09 pm

Anything that fits is worth a try. Wally world won't have it...
<<

aka.decoy

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:20 am

Man, this brings back memories. I used to have the entire Ilco rack memorized when I ran the key dept. All the popular Kw1, M1, Wr5, Kw10, Ez-1, Y-11, Na-14, Fr2, Y1, S-22 aka LA...Then got screwed up when I changed jobs and they had Hillman brand blanks. I used to have all the catalogs with the key names and profiles (sigh) Note: Axxess brand keyblanks (wal-mart in this state) are thinner and work better as auto jigglers. And I absolutely hate the automatic Axxess brand duplicating machines, you can't cheat or substitute with those. Semi or manual much better.

You probably already know (sry), but If you're learning the keyblanks keep in mind that many are interchangeable, just have to match the profile and adjust the length.

I may be able to get you an old copy of the residential/auto keyblank catalog from Hillman Group if you're interested. I have an old friend who still works there. Keep in mind that MOST of the names are similar or the same as Ilco, but some are different.
"Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina."

-Ron Burgundy
<<

rosindubh37713

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:48 am

I have the same lock with a long shackle, is there a lot of movement/play in the plug? mine is very loose, not sure if they are all like that. but that can make it a little tricky to get the right tension on it.

I dont know if this will help mate but heres the link to me picking mine!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLUG1Ng9zy0
Check out my Picking Videos @ http://uk.youtube.com/RosinDubh37713
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:04 am

aka.decoy wrote:Man, this brings back memories. I used to have the entire Ilco rack memorized when I ran the key dept. All the popular Kw1, M1, Wr5, Kw10, Ez-1, Y-11, Na-14, Fr2, Y1, S-22 aka LA...Then got screwed up when I changed jobs and they had Hillman brand blanks. I used to have all the catalogs with the key names and profiles (sigh) Note: Axxess brand keyblanks (wal-mart in this state) are thinner and work better as auto jigglers. And I absolutely hate the automatic Axxess brand duplicating machines, you can't cheat or substitute with those. Semi or manual much better.

You probably already know (sry), but If you're learning the keyblanks keep in mind that many are interchangeable, just have to match the profile and adjust the length.

I may be able to get you an old copy of the residential/auto keyblank catalog from Hillman Group if you're interested. I have an old friend who still works there. Keep in mind that MOST of the names are similar or the same as Ilco, but some are different.

Some key brands I have seen have very similar numbers, but ilco, way different, and other brands are just crazy. I don't really know what brands of keys I should actually pay attention too. I mostly go by the factory blank numbers and a guessing game after that. I hope to be able to buy a key book in time, just got to get some financial stuff figured out!
<<

GutterClown

Post Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:54 pm

Why does no one in the US use Silca? Strange to me.
Next

Return to Pin Tumbler Locks