FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Brinks/Best/Medeco/American

<<

taurus420

Familiar Face

Post Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:41 pm

Brinks/Best/Medeco/American

I got a few high end padlocks today & am curious what I'm going to encounter with each.

1st- Brinks 625
2nd- Best only text on it is (GM-3) on bottom plug
3rd- Medeco only text on it is (51S) on bottom
4th- American series 10

What kinda pins do these usually sport? I'll post pics once I get home. The Medeco & Brinks seem to be the most secure. I can see serrated key pins in the Brinks.
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:59 pm

Re: Brinks/Best/Medeco/American

-Brinks is all spooled drivers.
-Best is an small format interchangeable core, probably no security pins.
-Your medeco is a biaxial. Probably has 1 or 2 mushroom pins in addition to the chisel pins for the sidebar.
-American series 10 is a double sided 10 wafer cylinder.

Nice assortment.
<<

taurus420

Familiar Face

Post Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:18 pm

Yeah I'm doing a demo of a large outdated industrial complex & ever since I got hooked on locksports I have had a eye open for new locks for my collection. So when I got to the job site the first thing I did was drive around and look for locks on gates/doors etc... I was soo happy to come across these high end padlocks especially the medeco & Brinks! There are more I'm sure i'll find before the entire job is over so once I get home and get back to my digital camera I'm going to take some pics for everyone..

ohh yeah the brinks must be a high security one becuase I can see the first key pin is serrated

& how do I go about picking the Medeco sidebar?? Never tried picking a sidebar
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:36 pm

The Medeco locks take some practice and reading up on, I can't pick them yet, there are a few things you have to learn about the way they work to become successful in picking them. As far as the Brinks go, some are harder than others but there not really high security, those serrated key pins are mostly for looks!!! Once you get the hang of them, they are all about the same, just my opinion.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:22 pm

ToolyMcgee wrote:-Brinks is all spooled drivers.
-Your medeco is a biaxial. Probably has 1 or 2 mushroom pins in addition to the chisel pins for the sidebar.

Nice assortment.

I've seen some seriously crazy stuff inside Best cores before... do they only contain standard pins as standard? The ones I saw could have been pinned that way for the challenge, I guess.
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:29 pm

It depends on the kind of Best lock. If it's a Best peaks, then they have all kinds of crazy pins. Used to be Kaba peaks, but the newer one's I've seen just say Best and have peaks pin. Most common Best locks don't have anything in the way of security pins, unless it's spool pins.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:44 pm

Tooly, what do peaks pins look like, I have heard of them, but never have seem them to my knowledge.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:45 pm

Well, the pins are usually spools, but they can also be crazy sneaky pins. Awol's got a picture of some of the shit they put in the classic Kaba Peaks cores, and I can't remember if it's here or 101.
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:04 pm

<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:24 pm

How could you forget that! That is crazy, did KokomoLock ever pick that?
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:44 am

Solomon wrote:
ToolyMcgee wrote:-Brinks is all spooled drivers.

Nice assortment.

I've seen some seriously crazy stuff inside Best cores before... do they only contain standard pins as standard? The ones I saw could have been pinned that way for the challenge, I guess.

Anything you encounter from BEST that has been factory pinned will now have spool drivers, and spool bottom pins. I don't know when they started this, but I just assume they're all pinned that way and proceed accordingly.
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

taurus420

Familiar Face

Post Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:56 pm

What can you guys tell me about what these locks have inside. It would make my job easier if I knew what I was playing with.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:27 pm

You are lucky as hell to come by all those locks!!! Those Americans you have there are great locks, and rekeyable, I am not sure but those 30 series and looks like a 10 series you have might be wafer locks, I have never seen them but I have heard they were wafers, those medeco locks, if you get hard up for money would bring a pretty ebay penny to your pocket. That yale is nice. Good going awesome practice for picking, ya got enough there for a year or so of fun!!
<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:36 pm

the lockpickkid wrote:How could you forget that! That is crazy, did KokomoLock ever pick that?

Nope I did not pick that one, sent it off to Awol and he picked it of course. I have picked 2 of them since then, they seem to pick easier for me to the control like the arrow locks do.
<<

taurus420

Familiar Face

Post Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:04 am

I have 2 of the American 10 series & 2 of the 30 series, 3 of the Medeco big boys what ever they are. They were gate locks, The Brinks in the middle with the light shinning on it to where you can't see anything is a brinks 625. The other brass big lock is also a medeco but I don't know what kind. And one of them silver locks is the Best. I need someone to give me some insight on how to go about picking the medeco bi-axel with the side bar ive never tried to pick a side bar lock before...

Return to Pin Tumbler Locks