FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Need Info on Medeco/Brinks/American/Best/Abus/Hurculock

<<

taurus420

Familiar Face

Post Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:34 am

Need Info on Medeco/Brinks/American/Best/Abus/Hurculock

Got these last week while out of town in Memphis working a demo job. Need some advice or just information on what each of these might be hiding inside the keyways. Also how to go about picking the Medeco with Side-Bar???
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

MrKasserne

Familiar Face

Post Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:23 pm

Re: Need Info on Medeco/Brinks/American/Best/Abus/Hurculock

Sorry i cant help you. But maybe Awol can?
Started picking at my birthday (My birthday 2009) when i got my first REAL lock challenge!

Locks picked: 11

Latest lock picked: Master 150

Working With: Abus 65/40
<<

.45cal

Global Moderator

Post Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:12 am

The American locks will probably have spool drivers so you will good a deep false set. They may also have serrated key pins. The Abus that I have has mushroom pins but no serrations. The best lock probably has no security pins but it can contain any number or spools, serrations, or hybrid pins. I have never picked a brinks or Hurculok. As for the Medeco biaxial. The pins have to be lifted to the shear line like a normal lock. The pins have to be rotated into the correct orientation to allow the sidebar to retract into the plug. Medeco also often uses mushroom drivers. There are already posts about Medeco on the forum under security pins I recommend you take a look at them :D
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:38 pm

A lot of Brinks padlocks (they sell 'em at Walmart) have spool pins in them. They generally respond fairly well to "back tension" after you reach a false set. Really, they're not much more difficult than Master locks.
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

taurus420

Familiar Face

Post Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:42 pm

This Brinks is way better then one they would sell at wally world. It's a 625 series & has all serrated key pins and lots of spool/hybrid drivers from what I can feel. I just got it picked today while I was driving my work truck from Ga to Memphis Tennessee. I had a 7 hour drive to play with it. Almost went off the road a few times trying to get it open :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:15 pm

Whoa! How would THAT look? "Motorcyclist Killed By Driver--Charged With Driving While Picking (DWP).
Nemo Malus Felix

Return to Pin Tumbler Locks