FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Got a kryptonite padlock today!

<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:55 pm

Re: Got a kryptonite padlock today!

HallisChalmers wrote:
the lockpickkid wrote:You are lucky as hell! Nice springs you got there!! I don't recommend reusing those, unless it's for dental floss!

Dental floss? Nope. I think I've seen something similar looking in a shower drain. :shock:

Sick Hallis, just fricken sick!
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:54 am

HallisChalmers wrote:I have one that I bought a year or so ago and I still can't pick it. Mine has hi-lo bitting all the way through and is a bitch.

It gives me ulcers. I hate it - but I love it. It's like having a drunk stripper for a girlfriend.
:x

Bring it to the next locksport meeting.
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:56 am

Solomon wrote:YES!

I was able to hoke some of the tangled springs out of there with a hook pick and eventually the plug freed up enough that I was able to yank it out of there - I took some wiper insert, put a little bend in one end then fed it through the back of the plug. Pulled it from the other side with pliers and it came right out! I lost a couple of drivers but they'll turn up... now I just need to nip down the locksmiths and see if he has any spare springs I can use. :mrgreen:

There's a familiar sight!
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:27 am

magician59 wrote:
HallisChalmers wrote:I have one that I bought a year or so ago and I still can't pick it. Mine has hi-lo bitting all the way through and is a bitch.

It gives me ulcers. I hate it - but I love it. It's like having a drunk stripper for a girlfriend.
:x

Bring it to the next locksport meeting.

I don't think a drunk stripper would do much for everyones concentration. :mrgreen:
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:40 pm

Solomon wrote:I don't think a drunk stripper would do much for everyones concentration. :mrgreen:

Been picking locks for decades in front of a TV; just decided to move up to the next level of distraction. (LOL)
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:21 pm

If there is a stripper dancing for me, I say to hell with lockpicking, I got all the time in the world!!
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:21 pm

Solomon wrote:
ToolyMcgee wrote:The SC4 is a 6 pin SC1. It's the same keyway. I don't know about your Kryptonite. I'll have to look again, but most of them are an American lock keyway.

Hmm... the one in the kryptonite I got is a 6 pin, and it's also the same shape as the SC1 but it's noticeably smaller. Maybe about 3/4 the size, if not a little less. To the laboratory!

So I don't clog up LPK's video thread... Mini SC1, could be an SC19. I don't have one though. All my kryptonite's just have AM6 keyways.
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:09 am

Cool, thanks tooly. Any idea what kind of pins are in this yale? The plug follower I used for the kryptonite is ok for removing the pins, but it's too short to put them back in with so there's no way I'm taking it apart until I get a decent follower for pinning it back up again.

Sideshow mick gutted one of these on cam and his had regular drivers, but the key pins were tapered towards the top. I always thought chamfered key pins were a sign of a crappy lock, something along the lines of simulating a false set while also being cheaper to produce than spools. Then again they make it so the pins overset very easily so who knows... anyway, I'm not gonna start rambling about it.

I haven't got it picked yet but I'm gonna have another crack at it soon, if they are chamfered key pins and everything works the way I picture it in my head then I imagine some ultra light tension will do the trick. :mrgreen:
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:13 am

I've never met a Yale cylinder that had anything more than standard pins. But I've haven't seen many European-distributed locks. Sure would like to get hold on one of those Master padlocks with dimple keys. Can't buy one on this side of the pond.
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:55 am

magician59 wrote:I've never met a Yale cylinder that had anything more than standard pins. But I've haven't seen many European-distributed locks. Sure would like to get hold on one of those Master padlocks with dimple keys. Can't buy one on this side of the pond.

There's definately something going on with it... I think all their basic cylinders contain spools now, and this thing is behaving like it has spools but what I saw in that video has me wondering. Is it possible for a pin to feel like it's been pushed out of false set and set correctly when in fact it's a chamfered key pin and you've actually gone and overset the whole thing?

Also, both the yale cylinders I have contain 3 security drivers which are like spools, but with an extra section in the middle (so you get 2 false sets on each one). Really fun to pick, but again it makes me wonder cos neither of those give me any real trouble. I just don't know what to expect when I get a new yale. :|
Previous

Return to Pin Tumbler Locks