FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Yale Y90S/45

<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:40 am

Yale Y90S/45

Hey guys, this came in the post today. Video will be coming shortly, we're actually on our way out so I'm throwing this together quickly. Yes, I know, I'm an addict.

Here is the lock and its packaging:

Picked it in about 5 minutes:

It was actually a bit trickier than the other one, but it's not too bad. Good old slimline half diamond and goso hook made short work of it. :mrgreen: I decided to take it apart afterwards, and there are balanced drivers just like the Y210:

As you can see, unlike the Y210, it actually makes use of all 6 pin chambers!

I was surprised to see a regular driver in there. I find it strange that they'd put the anti drill pin in the second chamber, but there you go. I'll get it picked on cam when we get back later.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:41 pm

Re: Yale Y90S/45

Nice job, those spools are deep. Very nice lock, I want one for my collection. I hate Yale locks! They are tough for me for some reason, but then again, I have had a bad dryspell, I can't even pick my nose without failing or messing something up!
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:23 pm

the lockpickkid wrote:Nice job, those spools are deep. Very nice lock, I want one for my collection. I hate Yale locks! They are tough for me for some reason, but then again, I have had a bad dryspell, I can't even pick my nose without failing or messing something up!

Thanks kid! You should be able to get them on ebay, dunno if many sellers in the UK will ship over there but it's worth a try. They usually pop up fairly cheap, so if you can't get one shipped I'm sure I could buy one and send it your way.

Vid is online now, if you wanna check it out. Link :mrgreen:
<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:44 pm

Great Job, that is a nice looking padlock with mean looking spools !!!!!
<<

uklockpicker

The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor
The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor

Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:52 pm

Nice work on that best of a lock, pleased to hear the goso came up trumps :mrgreen:
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:14 pm

KokomoLock wrote:Great Job, that is a nice looking padlock with mean looking spools !!!!!

I like these yales a lot, they're fun to pick and they look & feel really good aswell. Those spools aren't nearly as mean as you might think. :P

uklockpicker wrote:Nice work on that best of a lock, pleased to hear the goso came up trumps :mrgreen:

Thanks mate! The goso hooks are actually pretty decent, more than I can say for the rest of the stuff in the kit lol but for the hooks and the bar style tensioner you get with it they're well worth the money. :mrgreen:

Return to Pin Tumbler Locks