FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

wierd lock

<<

sed8ted

Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:24 pm

wierd lock

hello all,
I've been lock picking now for about 4 months (if not 5), I started when I quick smoking and have been at it since. I treat each like a puzzle, and will spend about 1/2 hour to an hour each day, just playing with them.

Anyways, my friends know I do this as a hobby, and I love a challenge, so I was presented with a lock from a friends work place. he held the key, and gave me the lock.
"PAPAIZ" is the brand name, which is stamped on both sides of this brass lock,
it doesn't have a removable core, so I can't tell what the pins are, nor can I find any information on this lock.
the model number is 200/40 and on the one side it has "INOX SPRINGS" stamped into it.

I have been able to get this lock a few times now. and both under 10 minutes. I am not sure what kind of security pins are located it, possibly mushroom? I know it doesn't feel like spool pins. (which I practiced for a month straight 1 through 5, which I can do no problems now)

Any information on this lock would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

I am working on getting pictures for this lock, but at the present time I don't have any..

Thanks

Andy
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:37 pm

Re: wierd lock

I'm not familiar with that brand, however, I've seen a few on ebay, so I am also curious about these as well. It will be interesting to see some feedback on these. I think AWOL70 has picked some of these if I remember correctly from his 20 billion vids... maybe he can give some info?
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

s1deshowmick

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:43 am

Nice locks PAPIAZ, they will have spool or mushroom drivers, regular key pins.

The 200/40........i would put my money on mushroom drivers.

The music in this video was swapped due to copy right infringment, so you may want to turn your sound down, yuuuk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1XmaAiKmGk
If you can't be good, Be good at it.

http://au.youtube.com/S1DESHOWMICK
<<

sed8ted

Post Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:11 pm

thanks for the reply's, I did have a chance to check out your vid, and yeah, that's what the lock looks like... Mushroom pins still give me a bit of grief, but I guess with practice, they'll come easier. I know it doesn't feel like a spool pin, I started spool pins by getting an american lock, taking all the pins out, but 1 spool pin, got use to that, and then added another, and another and another, untill I go use to doing 5... which is nice, because I now know what they feel like, and how to get around them... it's all in the feeling and the tension...

oh yes, I'm thinking of getting a set of goso lock picks, 23 piece set if I'm not mistaken... any pro's/con's against that? I'm currently using a klom navigator set, but have 3 favorites the numbers on them are 1 (short hook), 23 (half diamond with a curve to it), and 27 a double bump, which I find great for raking with.... (I know I don't have the names correct, but well this is a hobby for me).

Thanks again for your responses.

Andy
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:11 pm

Thanks s1deshowmick! I guess I'll be buying some off fleabay then :)
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

bouncer965

Post Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:54 am

Hi sed8ted im new to lockpicking too and i have the goso 23pc set. As a newbie i cant compare to other pick sets but if your doing slimline locks then the goso's are a bit thick for these. The rake especiallly is hard to get into locks. Maybe should look at Southord or something.

Dont get me wrong im not dissapointed with them in any way, but depends what type of locks your looking at. Ive just ordered a Majestic set to go along with the goso set. And may be adding some more in the near future depending how i get on with them. I suppose itsa bit of trial and error when starting out...........plenty of trials!!! ;) ;)

Good luck and happy picking.
[“A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.”.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bouncer965

Return to Pin Tumbler Locks