FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Schlage Modular Cylinder

<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:29 am

Schlage Modular Cylinder

First off thanks to Selim for the lock!!!! This is the new Schlage Modular Cylinder, one cylinder converts to three different locks
by changing the front and rear housing. It can be used as a key in lever cylinder, a rim cylinder or a mortise cylinder. Here is a link to the PDF that shows all the different options and finishes available http://w3.securitytechnologies.com/IRSTDocuments1/SC_5883_Schlage_Modular_Cylinder_SellSheet.pdf. Also, here is a YouTube video I found explaining the Modular Cylinder.

T15 torque driver for the housing screws and T10 for the tailpiece screw.
<<

chris

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:38 am

Re: Schlage Modular Cylinder

ONE CYLINDER TO RULE THEM ALL!!! uhhh...yeah. Very cool lock, I hope to get my hands on one somedy. I just got an IC Schlage Everest from Selim, and 4 other awesome locks (great guy is Selim), and it has a cutout on the bottom of the Mortise cylinder. I have never seen a mortise like the one he sent me.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs...
See those kids standing by the lake...drop some napalm and watch them bake.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs.
<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:12 pm

chris wrote:ONE CYLINDER TO RULE THEM ALL!!! uhhh...yeah. Very cool lock, I hope to get my hands on one somedy. I just got an IC Schlage Everest from Selim, and 4 other awesome locks (great guy is Selim), and it has a cutout on the bottom of the Mortise cylinder. I have never seen a mortise like the one he sent me.

Lets see a picture of the mortise you are talking about!!!
<<

chris

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:31 pm

Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs...
<<

rbrande1

Familiar Face

Post Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:04 pm

That cut-out is very common with Schlage LFIC mortise housings. I'm not sure I've seen one without it even. Why it's there I'm not sure. The rim cylinder LFIC housings do not have the cutout if I remember right.
<<

macgng

Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...
Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...

Post Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:25 pm

chris, it gives you access to the check pin. also if you remove the screw and cam from the back you can engage the control pin using an operating key and a small hook, i dunno how the lockie did it but it worked.... Back on topic: this is cool!!!
Nibbler: The poop-eradication is but one aspect of your importance.
<<

chris

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:35 pm

Yeah but what's the point in accessing the check pin when it's in the housing and out of the door? It won't really help getting it out if you don't have a key, you still have to pick the lock anyway and if you pick the lock then you can just as easily raise the check pin. If you are using the operating key and a pick to get the core out then you don't need to fuck with the check pin anyway, the operating key will do that.

Return to Pin Tumbler Locks