FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Any info on this core?

<<

hellslave

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:40 am

Any info on this core?

I got this as part of a goodie package from Bosnianbill, and all he could recall about this particular core was that it was a Sargent. But after quite a bit of Googling, I can't find ANY info on it. It's a five pinner, but doesn't seem to have any driver pins at all, as there doesn't appear to be room for them in the bible. Also, you can clearly see just springs atop the key-pins. There is also a side bar of sorts on the right side of the keyway. Pictures attached...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

GringoLocksmith

Post Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:16 am

Re: Any info on this core?

Looks to me like a SecureKey, Schlage's answer to the Kwikset SmartKey. It went off the market after a patent dispute.
<<

hellslave

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:01 am

It seems you're right. I'm having a helluva time picking it, even though I've seen YT vids showing them picked in literally a couple seconds. Not sure where I'm going wrong. Do I need to do anything with the sidebar at all?
<<

jones

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:39 pm

I have several in my shop that I have picked, I like to use heavy tension, a top of the keyway tension wrench (like the hpc tr-4) and my pick gun. As soon as I feel movement on my tension wrench I switch to a rake and ease up a bit on the tension.

Return to Pin Tumbler Locks