FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

If I owned a Handgun

<<

Warder

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:31 pm

If I owned a Handgun

If I owned a Handgun, I'd own a G-LOCK.

<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:36 pm

Re: If I owned a Handgun

If you're trying to say that Glocks are more prone to stovepiping... I'd have to disagree there.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:38 pm

xeo wrote:If you're trying to say that Glocks are more prone to stovepiping... I'd have to disagree there.

Yep. In the rare circumstance when it occurs, it can most commonly can be traced back to a limp wristed shooting stance or sometimes poor quality ammo.
<<

Warder

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:48 pm

I've never owned a handgun, just rifles.
I don't know anything about stovepiping, except installation into a roof.

I like these comments about the Glock:
-Lightweight (Compare the weight a G19 with any other handgun that holds 15+1 rounds of 9mm)
-Accurate
-Trigger pull is consistent and doesn't feel junky
-Rugged
-Cheap mags
-Parts and accessories readily available and often marked down

And I do like that the word 'LOCK' is in the name..
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:52 pm

Warder wrote:And I do like that the word 'LOCK' is in the name..

Ah, I was wondering why you spelled it that way. I should have picked up on that, but I'm a bit slow sometimes.
<<

Russ

Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:17 pm

Luv my Glock 9mm
I have 5 15 round mags and 2 30 round mags for it
My brother is a state police officer and when he got his Glock 45 I got his old Glock
. Automotive Locksmith
Facts only No BS
Tale the Truth and nothing but the Truth
<<

PoopDogofDefeat

Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:45 pm

Well if you don't have one already, get ready to wait 3 years. Supposedly that's how long the backorder is. Personally I will not buy one for the sole fact that it only costs Glock $70 to produce 1 unit. And I don't feel up to paying +400% the input cost.
<<

Capt_Tom

Familiar Face

Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:12 pm

I try to look at price as a business man. I believe in making enough to pay my bills, set some aside for future expansion, and pay myself a reasonable salary.

If it cost me $70 to make an item, and I charged $140 for it, I believe that fair. I am in the business to make money. I want to pay my employees a reasonable wage, my insurance, advertisement, utilities, attorney fees, etc. The Jobber, Wholesaler, distributor, and the dealer are going to add a markup to it, too. It all adds up to the listed price of the item. Many companies start with a 50 to 60 percent gross profit (if they are lucky) .... then start paying bills from that... hoping to be left with over 10 percent bottom line.
<<

fogcreature

Familiar Face

Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:39 pm

gun/ammo prices will only continue to sky rocket, so if youre waiting for a more reasonable price on any firearm in good working condition, buy privately. Because they will never decrease in price in a retail situation. The taurus judge has gone up $100+ since it was released. Thats an awesome gun. fires 45 or 410 shotgun shells.
<<

Josh66

Post Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:29 pm

First time I ever shot a Glock, I was very impressed with the accuracy. I don't know why, but I was expecting it to suck. It was shooting 1" groups at 25 yards no problem.

I've had that gun for maybe 10 years now - I can probably count on one hand the number of times it's malfunctioned.
<<

cjl_1775

Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:20 am

There a re very few new import Glocks in the US these days, they are made in Georgia. The back log on civilian guns is catching up quite a bit now and LEO guns are still back logged in the 30,000 to 50,000 range. You should be able to find a new one in most off the better gun stores (local) now.
<<

rai

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:44 am

Oldest and still the best of combat tupperware
<<

cjl_1775

Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:17 am

Not the oldest, the first and oldest maybe one of the most painful VP70 from HK but full auto with a butt stock.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_%26_Koch_VP70
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:55 am

cjl_1775 wrote:Not the oldest, the first and oldest maybe one of the most painful VP70 from HK but full auto with a butt stock.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_%26_Koch_VP70

I used to have a pair of VP70-Z pistols. It's just the semi-auto-only civilian version of the VP70. It does not accept the buttstock and it lacks the 3 round burst option. I really liked them, but the trigger pull is simply brutal, it's so heavy. By the time you've shot a couple boxes of ammo you're ready to give your trigger finger a rest.

Why two of them, you might ask? Because spare magazines can be almost impossible to find for them. In fact it was easier for me to find a second VP70-Z (used, with two mags) and was roughly the same price as buying two magazines on their own. Yes, the magazines really are that rare.

I sold them ages ago, and sometimes miss them. Not due to any reasons of practicality, but purely for nostalgia.

If they look strangely familiar to anyone, they were the pistol that was used as the model for the toy guns that fired a tiny plastic disc about the size of a nickel, back in the 1970s. It was also carried by Vasquez, the really tough female marine in Aliens, and had a closeup shot as she used one to blow the brains out of an alien at extreme close range during some hand-to-hand fighting with the alien.
<<

verz

Familiar Face

Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:40 am

I have nothing against glocks but they are just so Block, square, plastic. i like a gun with curves and a nice feel in the hand Beretta or 1911.
Next

Return to Full Metal Jacket Required