FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Members Say Hi

<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:58 am

Re: Members Say Hi

Hello, my name is Gleb and I am a beginner lock picker for hobby and maybe one day sport. I picked this hobby up just about 2 months ago and have fell in love. I have already managed to gain tons of information/knowledge on the hobby/sport and locks themselves in such a short period of time or at least that is what I think. I look forward to learning and sharing with you all.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:46 am

Welcome! I recognize your name from Youtube.
Be sure to join us in the chat!
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:22 pm

Hahaha Jeff, in the middle of watching our videos I decided to check this treated.
Thanks for the welcome and yes I am making a channel slowly but surely.
Still getting the hang of things in here, never really been much on forums before so its a bit new to me.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:05 pm

Welcome Gleb!
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:22 pm

Capulina wrote:Hello friends:

I'm trying to get started in the locksmith business by myself. Previously I worked with some guys, i hope to have the majority of the members of this community to get some help.

Thanks in advance.
Might be the best business decision you've made! Truly a vast amount of talent, knowledge, and experience here...
from hobbyists and professionals alike. Best of all, people are more than happy to give of they're time to help out!
It's like a 24-Hour-Help-Hotline for free, lol. Of course, if you decide you like the place, it never hurts to donate ;)

Papa Gleb wrote:Hello, my name is Gleb and I am a beginner lock picker for hobby and maybe one day sport. I picked this hobby up just about 2 months ago and have fell in love. I have already managed to gain tons of information/knowledge on the hobby/sport and locks themselves in such a short period of time or at least that is what I think. I look forward to learning and sharing with you all.
Exciting times starting out... I know! Actually, this is the first and only hobby I've found that captivated me enough
to stick with it for a number of years. Before that, you'd be lucky to catch me doing the same thing for more than a
few months, lol, before I was off on some other tangent. The many different facets of locks and the potential for a
life time of learning probably has something to do with it. SO much to learn! I still don't know shit. But I DO know
this is THE best lock site on the web, hands down IMO. Anyway, really glad you're here and good to meet ya.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

grit1

Familiar Face

Post Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:56 pm

I've been lurking on here for a while with no introduction. I'm from Minneapolis, MN and have been into locks and locksmithing since I was young. Locks, security, picking and locksmithing are a hobby for me - my "day job" is corporate audio/visual. I also do some IT type of work on the side of all of that.

I am an intermediate picker, able to take on challenging pin tumbler locks, though I haven't been exposed to as much as I would like. I have drifted in and out of the hobby over the last 10 years or so, and right now am "in" in a big way. My goal is to become proficient at high security locks since I feel like I have a mastery of conventional run-of-the-mill cylinders.

From a locksmithing perspective, my interest is primarily institutional. I am experienced with master key systems - construction and reverse engineering. I am fascinated by the math and elegant design of such systems. I have a soft spot for BEST SFIC and Sargent. Not a lot of experience with Yale or Corbin-Russwin. Moderate experience with Schlage.

Equipment wise I own an HPC Premiere Speedex manual duplicator, a Framon #2 code machine and a BEST dedicated big-red punch for A2.

I take great joy in reading the posts of all of you dedicated passionate hobbyists and professionals! Excited to jump in and start contributing where I can.
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:21 pm

welcome grit1. you'll find this forum to be interesting and captivating.
...Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air... Eagles, Hotel California, 1976
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:48 pm

Welcome from Arizona, Grit. Glad you joined us. See you in chat!

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Oldfast

Post Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:18 pm

Glad you've come out of 'lurking' status :)
It appears you have alot to share and I
look forward to learning from you!
<<

Rph58

Post Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:24 pm

Giday from Perth WA I run a Safe and Vault shop in Perth Western Australia

Nice site you have ,lots to look at we do mainly bank work

Mscsafeco.com.au

Cheers Richard
<<

nelson nipo 1974

Post Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:51 pm

hi,
my name is Nelson nipo and i`m from Portugal.
i have a shop and i make many keys over the years but only now i became to love to pick locks.
i love this fórum because i can see amazing pictures of locks and keys.
my favourite locks are the swisse keso but i apreciate all the locks even the simple and the antiques.

i´m very sorry by my english but i left school long a go and i dont pratice anouth. :hammering:

cumps
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:21 pm

Welcome all!
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:50 pm

Richard and Nelson, welcome from Arizona, USA. Glad you have decided to join us! Come visit us in chat sometime!

Gordon

P.S. - Nelson - Bet your English is better than my Portuguese! :)
<<

Oldfast

Post Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:24 pm

Rph58 wrote:Giday from Perth WA I run a Safe and Vault shop in Perth Western Australia

Nice site you have ,lots to look at we do mainly bank work

Mscsafeco.com.au

Cheers Richard
Richard... I love safes & vaults :D Glad your're here. Welcome!

nelson nipo 1974 wrote:....I´m very sorry by my english but i left school long a go and i dont pratice anouth. :hammering:
No worries! Our "universal lock language" runs fluent and understood around here :D
Very nice to meet you... I'm Mike. Glad you've found us fellow "lock-addicts". lol
<<

Neilau

Post Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:43 pm

Welcome Richard and Nelson.

Always good to have "pros" join the forum.

Looking forward to your input.

LOTS of great stuff here. Fabulous pictures and great people.

PS also good to see another Ausie. :slainte:
Clark's Law (Arthur C)

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
PreviousNext

Return to Introduce Yourself