FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Members Say Hi

<<

stefan042

Post Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:18 pm

Re: Members Say Hi

LocksportSouth wrote:Welcome, Stefan!

Looks like we share some interests :) (Network security and photography). I was going to get a new lens for Xmas but mayyy have just spent that money on locks... Whoops...
Good job on the 530 as well! Just looked it up - dead core and security pins too :D.

Seems like you're already beyond me in skill, so not much I can offer in advice... But regardless, welcome to the madness! :D

Thanks! But I think this is the same one Bosnianbill covered with no Security pins (and I'm not consistently SPP'ingredients it).
;)

"(449) Master 530 Replaceable Core - New Design (Junk!)"
http://youtu.be/VLsIz49o9N4
Last edited by stefan042 on Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

LocksportSouth

Post Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:29 pm

stefan042 wrote:

Looks like we share some interests :) (Network security and photography). I was going to get a new lens for Xmas but mayyy have just spent that money on locks... Whoops...
Good job on the 530 as well! Just looked it up - dead core and security pins too :D.

Seems like you're already beyond me in skill, so not much I can offer in advice... But regardless, welcome to the madness! :D

Thanks! But I think this is the same one Bosnianbill covered with no Security pins (and I'm not consistently SPP'ingredients it).
;)

https://youtu.be/VLsIz49o9N4

Ohh! My bad, I didn't recognise the number so I just googled it and found this :)
Still though, nice going! I have a similar one and haven't had much luck with it, not that I've tried picking that specific one in a long while..
<<

stefan042

Post Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:19 am

LocksportSouth wrote:
stefan042 wrote:

;)

https://youtu.be/VLsIz49o9N4

Ohh! My bad, I didn't recognise the number so I just googled it and found this :)
Still though, nice going! I have a similar one and haven't had much luck with it, not that I've tried picking that specific one in a long while..

;)
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:05 am

Hi Stefan. WELCOME!
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

stefan042

Post Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:49 pm

Oldfast wrote:Hi Stefan. WELCOME!

Thanks!
<<

Brl1214

Post Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:17 pm

Hello everyone of keypicking I Am Brendan I go by brl1214 of LP101 lurker for years had to put down locksport. 10 Years later been missing out on so much. So hoping for some warm introductions and a welcoming from a new community.

Regards
Brl1214
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:22 pm

Welcome!
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

Oldfast

Post Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:53 pm

Hi Brendan. I'm Mike. Very good to meet ya & glad you're here. You'll love it!!
<<

LocksportSouth

Post Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:01 pm

Hi Brendan, welcome to the madness :D. Great to have you!
<<

Cpt-Potatoes

Post Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:51 pm

Hi all, my names Chris
I'm a nurse (male) in coastal NSW Australia and have been interested in lock picking for a while now.
I have recently been gifted a set of serenity lock picks and having heaps of fun leaning this hobby.

So far I have been working on SPP with some cheap locks but have a goal to unlock an ABUS 65/50.

I am curious about the picks I have tho. There from wizardsoflocks.com and the serenity picks have some weird looking bends I haven't seen befor. They work but I'm just wondering if eventually I should get some traditional picks.any help would be appreciated.
<<

Neilau

Post Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:32 pm

Big Welcome Chris. :slainte:

Ask lots of questions. There is a ton of help here and maybe Gordon is having a slow day and will do an amazing writeup that we all learn from and enjoy. :mrgreen:

Always good to see a fellow countryman.
Clark's Law (Arthur C)

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
<<

kjlockwork

Post Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:21 pm

Kevin from Texas here. I have been dabbling in locksmith for quite a few years in my past jobs. Have been a licensed locksmith here in Texas since May of 2015. Up to this point I have done a massive amount of vehicle openings and lock rekeying of all sorts. I own a few machines for a variety of key cuts and most recently got a bank to permit me to do the safe deposit box work for them, so that is the most recent machine set up. I have not gotten a chance to open any boxes yet but am told one is coming up. I have drilled 7 or 8 safes in my career. I would like to get much better on picking higher security cylinders and am going to start working on safe manipulation.

Its always good to keep learning

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
<<

Oldfast

Post Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:33 pm

Cpt-Potatoes wrote:Hi all, my names Chris
I'm a nurse (male) in coastal NSW Australia and have been interested in lock picking for a while now.
I have recently been gifted a set of serenity lock picks and having heaps of fun leaning this hobby.

So far I have been working on SPP with some cheap locks but have a goal to unlock an ABUS 65/50.

I am curious about the picks I have tho. There from wizardsoflocks.com and the serenity picks have some weird looking bends I haven't seen befor. They work but I'm just wondering if eventually I should get some traditional picks.any help would be appreciated.

kjlockwork wrote:Kevin from Texas here. I have been dabbling in locksmith for quite a few years in my past jobs. Have been a licensed locksmith here in Texas since May of 2015. Up to this point I have done a massive amount of vehicle openings and lock rekeying of all sorts. I own a few machines for a variety of key cuts and most recently got a bank to permit me to do the safe deposit box work for them, so that is the most recent machine set up. I have not gotten a chance to open any boxes yet but am told one is coming up. I have drilled 7 or 8 safes in my career. I would like to get much better on picking higher security cylinders and am going to start working on safe manipulation.

Its always good to keep learning

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Great to meet you & glad you're here Kevin! Sounds like you have plenty to share with us...
but at the same time you still thirst to learn more. Looking forward to seeing you around.

And Chris.... sorry I missed your intro. Welcome! This is a wonderful place.
<<

FireSpeed

Post Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:04 am

Howdy!

Another one for the list, Rick from IL here.
Growing up watching bond movies and loving gadgets made me interested in how things work. Lock picking was a challenge that required a good unison between body, mind and ongoing ability to learn.
<<

Oldfast

Post Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:28 pm

Hi Rick. Great to meet you & glad you're here.

Have you been picking for some time then?
PreviousNext

Return to Introduce Yourself