FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Members Say Hi

<<

Mrfoto

Familiar Face

Post Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:13 pm

Re: Members Say Hi

Hey everyone, Im just an old guy that forgot the combination to my Meilink safe. SO I did what I always do in case of need, figure out how to do it for yourself. So I hung out here in the shadows and found all the help i needed to learn group 2 manipulation. I thank you all very much for the wonderful information I was able to gather on the subject.
<<

Saabu2

Post Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:19 pm

hello All i stumbled across this site while trying to find a replacement part for an old Peterboro bathroom door lock. (not technically a mortise lock since it doesnt need a mortise key, it uses a 'turn piece' which has broken or has been lost.
Anyway if anyone has a selection of parts please let me know. i've found the Peterboro catalog on the web and can identify the exact lock i have and the escutcheon and the missing turn piece part number.
the door is a 2 day drive from me so i brought the old lock home to reference dimensions, etc.
Thanks in advance,
Wayne
<<

just1pick+open

Post Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:23 pm

Please provide some pics. It will help us better understand what you might need.
xeo: i use an electric buzzer exclusively for my ass that gets sanitized afterwards
PhoneMan: would have freaked my friend out if hed come over
MBI: Most anything goes.
PhoneMan: way to give me nightmares
selim: ok then blow your load,, i'll take anything free now a day's
<<

TinaLpnoob

Post Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:58 pm

Hi, I am Tina and I really like locksport but I'm quite a newbie. Just started picking and found it very satisfying. I don't know where should I ask my questions, hope someone can help me here.
After picking some cheap pin tumbler locks, I picked my steering wheel lock which is a dimple? lock, but now the key can't be inserted into it. Did I just broke that? Can somebody help me out?
Thank you!
<<

just1pick+open

Post Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:44 pm

Hello and welcome. It's hard to know what damage might have been done without seeing the lock. But you have just learned a very important rule in lockpicking, never pick any lock that is in use.
xeo: i use an electric buzzer exclusively for my ass that gets sanitized afterwards
<<

TinaLpnoob

Post Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:10 pm

just1pick+open wrote:Hello and welcome. It's hard to know what damage might have been done without seeing the lock. But you have just learned a very important rule in lockpicking, never pick any lock that is in use.

Thank you, yes I learned the lesson :???: now what can I do? how can I show some photos?
I'm wondering why this forum is so quiet.
btw, I managed to pick that again, now the key fits in but it doesn't rotate :(
<<

just1pick+open

Post Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:04 pm

TinaLpnoob wrote:
just1pick+open wrote:Hello and welcome. It's hard to know what damage might have been done without seeing the lock. But you have just learned a very important rule in lockpicking, never pick any lock that is in use.

Thank you, yes I learned the lesson :???: now what can I do? how can I show some photos?

Just scroll down after you write your message. Click on where it says upload attachment, to add your pics.
<<

TinaLpnoob

Post Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:11 pm

just1pick+open wrote:
TinaLpnoob wrote:

Just scroll down after you write your message. Click on where it says upload attachment, to add your pics.

Added the photos. It's a key retainer core. I found that if I jiggle the key, it will turn, but it doesn't worth the risk to use it that way. I really tried to find out how to pull out the core but couldn't find a way. any suggestions?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

just1pick+open

Post Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:10 pm

TinaLpnoob wrote:
just1pick+open wrote:
TinaLpnoob wrote:

Added the photos. It's a key retainer core. I found that if I jiggle the key, it will turn, but it doesn't worth the risk to use it that way. I really tried to find out how to pull out the core but couldn't find a way. any suggestions?

I personally don't have much knowledge of that particular lock. (Others here might) Try spraying it with some lube and also you could try the chat on discord. Link near top of main page.
<<

HudsonHawk56

Post Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:15 am

Hi all, Barry here. Not really into lock picking( yet!). My step son loves it so who knows. My reason today is to maybe get some help identifying some locks and keys.
<<

JulissaGuerrero

Post Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:15 am

Good day, I am very glad that I found your forum. To be honest I am into lock picking and it would be very interesting to find someone who is as good as me.
<<

Conny_the_Swede

Post Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:32 pm

Hi!

My name is Conny,

found this forum trying to find information on a rare mechanical code lock.

Nice to be here!
<<

just1pick+open

Post Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:21 pm

Welcome!
<<

opensourcefan

Post Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:42 pm

Hello everyone, opensourcefan here from Discord and Reddit LPU. My first lockpicking forum. Currently a Blue belt, been focusing on making cutaways more than picking recently.

Anyways, Happy Easter!
<<

DaMasta2020

Post Tue May 23, 2023 6:29 pm

Hi everyone! Just stopped by for the locks and beer!
PreviousNext

Return to Introduce Yourself