FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Hello from Maryland

<<

hammong

Post Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:00 am

Hello from Maryland

Hello all --

I've been lurking for a while, but recently started taking up safe combo manipulation as a hobby.

I just acquired a new practice safe to work on. Got a good deal on a Hayman 12x12x12 floor safe with a S&G lock, 1/4" steel body and 1/2" steel door with a 1/4" x 1" top flange, 65 pounds empty. The combination was lost by the pawn shop that had it, and they sold it to me for $20 cash. Cheap cheap!

I've been working on it for about 8-10 hours now, have figured out the contact points (7.5/13.25) have graphed AWL and AWR and think I found a good gate in each direction. My problem is I don't quite understand the the low/high testing procedure. I'll post some pics of my graphs if it helps.

Anyhow, I've been picking key locks casually for 20 years and have opened some cheaper combination safes in the past. This is my first S&G Group 2 and I'm starting to develop a repetitive strain kink with it but having a lot of fun.

Cheers
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:02 pm

Re: Hello from Maryland

Welcome aboard. Lots to learn here. Do a little reading and ask some questions.
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin

Return to Introduce Yourself