FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Summer in Australia

<<

piparazyna

Post Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:39 pm

Summer in Australia

Hello.

Just registered. I am in Australia. Retired. Locks intrigued me all my life as well as clocks did - maybe clock more? Not sure. Maybe just this single letter difference? Both devices have something hidden, secretive, mysterious; something which is part of the creator (the lock/clock creator not the Creator).
Of particular interest to me are strong boxes with the dial mechanisms. I just need to understand what type is better and more reliable: mechanical or digital.

Best regards to all.

Kajetan
<<

just1pick+open

Post Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:02 am

Re: Summer in Australia

Welcome!
xeo: i use an electric buzzer exclusively for my ass that gets sanitized afterwards
PhoneMan: would have freaked my friend out if hed come over
MBI: Most anything goes.
PhoneMan: way to give me nightmares
selim: ok then blow your load,, i'll take anything free now a day's
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:31 pm

Re: Summer in Australia

piparazyna, welcome to the forum! The general concensus is that electronic locks are still trying to find their footing. Reliability is still suspect. Mechanical locks have been around long enough to have quite the track record of reliability and success. There are those that really like the electronic locks, but not the majority. I think we all believe they will find their way, it is just going to take a bit of time. Will mechanical locks go away? Probably not. The expense to retrofit would be prohibitive. We "mechanical guys" can feel secure in our aged ways!
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin

Return to Introduce Yourself