FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

jason top security pad lock

<<

kass

Post Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:21 pm

jason top security pad lock

hi i am new to lockpicking. just received my first pickset today.i want to try picking the above lock. does anybody know where on youtube there is a demo of someone picking the jason security lock?picked my first eurolock today but was unable to do it a second time.how long does it take to learn the basic stuff.looks so easy on utube
feel such a idot at the moment as i am unable to do the basic steps

thanks kass
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:29 pm

Re: jason top security pad lock

Hello, and welcome to the abyss.

YouTube videos generally tend to show skilled pickers that do make picking locks look easy. I would suggest browsing around the endless treasure trove of glorious information abundance that can be found on this board so you can familiarize yourself with the basics and practice them. I don't know what a Jason lock is off the top of my head. Is it a pin tumbler? As far as how long it takes to learn the basic stuff that is entirely subjective and dependent on you and how much time you invest in learning and reading and practicing. Also, stopping by in the chat is a great way to ask questions.

Here is a good place to start: viewtopic.php?f=116&t=4377&hilit=my+book+%3AD
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:23 pm

Re: jason top security pad lock

WELCOME Kass! Glad you're here... I'm Mike.

:agree: with Xeo concerning youtube vids. Comparing yourself with various vids is only going to frustrate matters.
Some of the people you'll see have spent countless hours (or years) getting to where they're at. Not to mention,
some of the locks you see have been rehearsed a bit (picked a few times) prior to taping. I myself am guilty of
this sometims. Still a legit pick, but certainly the 2nd or 3rd time around's gonna be quicker than going into it
blind. They don't all just fall right open like you've probably been seeing....... although sometimes they do ;)

Stick with the basics, take your time, only compare yourself with your latest accomplishment. And be sure
to enjoy it. Some of the most exhilarating times are when you're just getting started! And the good news is
it never really gets old. Your in a great place to get started: Tons of info and loads of people around here
happy to help out whenever possible... SO many have helped me. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

p.s. Never heard of a Jason lock, nor could I find anything on it (if Xeo hasn't heard of it, dunno why I even looked. lol)
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."

Return to Introduce Yourself