FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

What's your EDC?

<<

Neilau

Post Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:00 pm

Re: What's your EDC?

Here's a little tool with a hook from CRKT that goes onto a key chain, which I assume is the "handle".

Seeing that it lives with the car key, I suppose it qualifies as an EDC.

Only a couple of dollars.

CRKT.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Clark's Law (Arthur C)

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
<<

DroppedTensionWrench

Post Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:38 pm

Very cool. You guys have great taste in knives too.
<<

whizdumb

Post Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:50 am

I'll play along. Been into EDC for a very long time. I have been lucky to have attained many nice things along the way.

From Left to Right: Quark Tactical 123^2, Leatherman Juice S2, Titanium Casio Triple Sensor Pathfinder, Small Laconico Jasmine, Fellhoelter Ti Bolt, Zach Wood Ti Prybar v3.0

Whizdumb81 wrote:You can't handle the DCAP
xe0 wrote:how about a peterson gov steel baseball bat so i can thwap motherfuckers
ecksdee wrote:To learn to pick locks is to learn how to speak a language spoken only in whispers and riddles.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HobbyPicker
<<

aeporia

Familiar Face

Post Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:23 am

Actual EDC:

1. Wallet — super simple, hand-made by someone on Etsy that's survived longer than anything made of leather I’ve owned, oddly.
2. Phone — currently an S5… I have a love-hate relationship with all smartphones.
3. Keychain: keys, Swiss Utili Key, Leatherman Micra, Streamlight Nano — not pictured for obvious reasons
4. Space Pen

(space pen, pingo, wallet)

(the air and the cricket — I rarely use a larger blade than this for anything outside of food prep)

(pickset, with the air again)

Things that get added, as needed/if it posses no legal issues (carrying knives or picks is generally illegal where I live):

* small pickset (handmade by Manuli) — might cover this elsewhere
* Spyderco Pingo (non-locking, and orange so that if it falls into the scrub I can find it easily)
* Spyderco Gayle Bradley Air (for fine work)
* Spyderco Cricket, with Nishinjin carbon fibre (also for fine work usually)
* Leathermans: either a Crunch or a Skeletool CX, or both in a small maxipouch (which holds bit drivers)
* small roll-up pouch for lock disassembly (plug follower, etc.)
* macbook pro — might as well be an actual EDC almost… ;s

Additions are usually thrown into my Goruck GR1 (where the Pingo, and a titanium spork generally live by default, in the internal webbing — never gonna know when you’ll receive grub!). That bag goes everywhere I go… almost.

Also, that Goruck is hands-down the best bag I’ve owned.

(:
<<

aeporia

Familiar Face

Post Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:51 pm

pmaxey83 wrote:[…]

My EDC. CRK Sebenza 21.

Daaaaamn. I’ve only eyed those off over the intertubez. They look stunning; them craftmanships… so much wow.
<<

DroppedTensionWrench

Post Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:27 pm

Got this Endura 4 in the mail today. I like VG10 when I worked with it. Great fit and finish and VERY sharp. Good job Spyderco. My Paramilitary 2 from them was a complete turd.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

VancouverSpecial

Post Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:00 pm

whizdumb wrote:I'll play along. Been into EDC for a very long time. I have been lucky to have attained many nice things along the way.

From Left to Right: Quark Tactical 123^2, Leatherman Juice S2, Titanium Casio Triple Sensor Pathfinder, Small Laconico Jasmine, Fellhoelter Ti Bolt, Zach Wood Ti Prybar v3.0

whizdumb,

Nice looking tools you have there - tell me what's the prybar for?

Kind regards,
Sean
<<

whizdumb

Post Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:29 pm

VancouverSpecial wrote:
whizdumb wrote:I'll play along. Been into EDC for a very long time. I have been lucky to have attained many nice things along the way.

whizdumb,

Nice looking tools you have there - tell me what's the prybar for?

Kind regards,
Sean

It's for anything and everything. Light prying tasks like paint cans, box staples, tip is sharp enough to open packing tape. I used it the other day to pry open a frozen bucket that I had my rock salt in. I used it another time to help me back out a stripped drywall anchor screw. It's handy, especially when you don't want to use a custom knife to pry stuff open and potentially damage it.

Happy EDCing,
Whizdumb
Whizdumb81 wrote:You can't handle the DCAP
xe0 wrote:how about a peterson gov steel baseball bat so i can thwap motherfuckers
ecksdee wrote:To learn to pick locks is to learn how to speak a language spoken only in whispers and riddles.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HobbyPicker
<<

subsonic1050

Familiar Face

Post Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:04 am

My current EDC Blade is a Chris Reeve Sebenza 21 with a Ladder Damascus blade, but up until a few weeks ago it was a Spyderco Paramilitary 2 for a few years now. Before that it was a Benchmade mini griptilian, and I've tried about a thousand other knives interspersed in there. For me, my favorites are the Para 2 and the Sebenza. EDC torch has been an Olight i3 Eos for about 4 years, but just switched to a Preon 1 a few days ago actually, because the head on my i3 eos kept unscrewing from the body in my pocket (irritating). Where legal I carry my Springfield XDs in 9mm (I work in a hospital, so unfortunately it gets left in the truck a lot of the time). Also just started carrying a Fisher space pen.
<<

Malekal

Familiar Face

Post Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:50 am

we can't carry knives in Quebec... at least, nothing that can have a fixed blade, folding with stopper... you better have a friggin good reason to have it in your pocket. self defense is NOT a good reason lol
Malekal: I guess I'll try... I thought you had to go light
xeo: you do whatever the lock wants
<<

pmaxey83

Familiar Face

Post Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:13 am

Malekal wrote:we can't carry knives in Quebec... at least, nothing that can have a fixed blade, folding with stopper... you better have a friggin good reason to have it in your pocket. self defense is NOT a good reason lol

There are some nice friction folders out there that are made to meet that sort of law. They do not use any sort of locking retention.
jeffmoss26: pardon my ignorance to the real world, but what started all this mess in B'more
jeffmoss26: it's bad enough that city has the Ravens

(14:36:27) MBI: I was here for 2 seconds once.
(14:36:27) MBI: kthxbai
<<

DroppedTensionWrench

Post Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:05 pm

Got this Spyderco Manix 2 almost two weeks ago. I am very impressed! G10 scales, full length liners, good locking mechanism, and a 3inch cutting length of CPM S30V. Great materials for under $100USD. The fit and finish is top notch. The lock only took 2 days to break in. This knife is smooth operating and the ergonomics are excellent. The spring for the cage ball bearing lock is a great idea. Almost like an axis lock by Benchmade, only a more robust, and reliable spring. Good effective jimping but not overbearing. Nice choil for detail work.

The cons would be weight(5oz). The pocket space it takes up is noticeably greater than a lot of knives. The G10 texture like the popular spyderco paramilitary 2 wears down after about 6 months of constant use. Full flat grinds are great slicers but lack strength. I favor Saber grinds mostly. Tip up carry only might not be favorable to some.

All in all I am definitely satisfied with my purchase. Good job Spyderco.
<<

the picker

Familiar Face

Post Sat May 28, 2016 5:44 pm

Currently and possibly permanently rolling with a jake hoback kwaiback uhep with custom copper back spacer. All time favorite knife full ti handles bering pivot cpm20cv blade and adjustable detent pressurer.
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Sun May 29, 2016 4:28 pm

the picker wrote:Currently and possibly permanently rolling with a jake hoback kwaiback uhep with custom copper back spacer. All time favorite knife full ti handles bering pivot cpm20cv blade and adjustable detent pressurer.

Nice.

In a utility knife, I'm not the biggest fan of tanto-style blades.
But oh my, that is a very nice piece of gear you have there.

In the past I've carried some halfway nice knives for everyday use, knives some people said I was crazy to risk damaging that way. But I don't think I'd be gutsy enough to carry that one everyday. I always seem to lose them eventually, and I might just cry if I lost a knife like that.
<<

Stretch

Post Mon May 30, 2016 9:18 am

Oh, oh, I wanna play too! These are the knives that rotate through being my edc depending on what I'm doing that day. On a normal work day it will be the PM2 in the left pocket and the p'kal in the right.

2016-05-30 10.03.32.jpg
PreviousNext

Return to Cold Steel