FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Brass knuckles anyone?

<<

escher7

Post Thu May 02, 2013 9:51 pm

Re: Brass knuckles anyone?

Very illegal in Canada.
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Thu May 02, 2013 11:30 pm

Pickingpaul wrote:nicely made thingie me giggies solomon, would they fit on my sloth-like feet?

Wouldn't even be necessary mate, as soon as you took your socks off and they saw those feet they'd be miles away :mrgreen:

Squelchtone wrote:Solomon, have you thought of making one from clay or silicone that fits perfectly in your hand, then then use that to make a negative mold and cast one from that mold out of aluminum?

Squelchtone

I've seen that technique used before, it's pretty cool. Would take a bit more equipment than I have access to though.

escher7 wrote:Very illegal in Canada.

Yeah, I hear just possession of them can land you in serious shit over there. Same in russia and australia. In the UK it's weird, you're allowed to have them in the house but the law states that sale/import is illegal. So you're allowed to have them, but you have to have broken the law in order to get your hands on them (with a few exceptions)... so worst case scenario they're only illegal by technicality. It's confusing. Realistically though there won't be any problems providing you're not stupid enough to actually carry them and end up getting caught. There's no talking your way out of that. Same with the likes of a war axe or machete, you can have those in the house but you're fucked if you get caught carrying one.

Interestingly, there's nothing in the law about making your own, and if you happen to find some lying around you won't get into trouble for taking them home with you (unless you get caught with them on your way there, heh). Basically you can have as many as you want providing you don't actually carry them in public, although you'd get in trouble if you got caught actually importing any.

There is an exception for war relics though. To the best of my knowledge, those can be bought and sold freely, however you obviously still can't carry them in public.

tl;dr - in the UK you can keep any that you find, and you can make as many as you like, but don't import any or otherwise pay money for one. And for fuck sake don't sell one to someone. Unless it's a war relic. Also, keep them in the goddamn house.
<<

fgarci03

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu May 09, 2013 5:29 pm

I just posted on a thread on LP101 about this same subject about carrying weapons. This will be a little deviating from the thread, but I don't think I should open a thread because of this. I do wish you share your point of view with me. Here's my post:

I hope no one find my views or my persistence offending.

I also don't think anyone will be offended with it. We all have our points of view and we respect everyone's.

Although I do agree with weapons being designed for offense and defense, you can use both for whatever you want.
You talked about mines. Yes mostly defense. But I can set up a mine on a road to stop a veichle to attack it. Ambush it.
And you can use a Halbert to attack whoever you want.

And as far as the gun can't protect me from a bullet, it can prevent the other bullet from being shot in the first place. You just need to "attack" first, in order to defend yourself (It's impractical to carry a vest everywhere you go to "protect" yourself).
Haven't you ever heard about that saying that if you throw the first punch, half the fight is already won?
I can vouch for that (ahhh, sweet 16!). But being the one who gives the first punch doesn't necessarily mean I'm the attacker. If I have nowhere to run and can't calm down the assailant, I can't just stand there and dodge the his attacks. I have to disable him in a way I'm no longer in danger. That's why the army uses guns to defend in a war. And the police to maintain order.

I am not, by any means, saying I agree to people being able to carry arms just because there will always be bad people using guns. That is a somewhat false excuse. I do agree with restricting weapons, but to doubtfull people. If I am a good citizen, without any history of violence, and can make some sort of proof I would benefit from carrying a gun (I'm a doctor, and sometimes I have to go to disabled pacients homes in tough neighborhoods for example), why shouldn't I be able to carry a gun?

It's impossible to know people's intents, we can just guess, and use psycology to point us who would or not benefit from carrying a gun.
You are right, this is a subject that will never have a full consense, but we can try to approach it, by having testimonys of several people who have been in a variety of situations.

My dad has 2 guns, with permit of course. In the last years, laws have tightned up, and his permit only allows him to have them at home. He taught me to use and assemble/disassemble them. Although I haven't shot them for more than 10 years, I have perfect capability to grab it and properly operate the gun safely and use it correctly. But I've been educated by him about the procedures. Not the mechanical procedures of operating the gun. But the correct way to think about them.

A gun isn't a toy you can show off and say you are a badass. That WILL get you shot. On a real situation, if someone points a gun at me, I WILL shoot him if I have the chance. Pointing a gun = I can kill you. I say: "No, you can't".
If I ever would draw a gun would be to shoot. Not to threat. If the other guy is crazier than me, he will shoot me if I show a gun.
I can only think of very few situations I would draw and not shoot (few, but yes, I agree that there are some).

At my kid age, I liked to play with fake guns (as all kids do). I once pointed an obviously fake gun to my dad as a joke and he laughed. When I pointed him a fake but insanelly look alike he slaped me in the face and said: "You never point a gun at someone, unless you are going to shoot! I know this is a fake gun and you were playing, but on the street the other guy doesn't know that and he will shoot you! Guns aren't toys, and fakes that look like real guns are FAR more dangerous the the real deal, because if misinterpreted, you don't even have the chance to defend yourself."

That was a valuable lesson.

Since then, I could never point a gun at anyone, if it just LOOKED real. Never. I can't look at the barrel of an unloaded, just assembled by me, completely safe gun. I just can't. It creeps me. I can't walk around with a loaded, ready to shoot gun (I have had a situation where I thought my house was being robbed, and grabbed one of the guns and went to check it out), that was one of the worst situations I've been through, as I feel "unsafe" by walking with a loaded gun. Talk about irony.
Don't get this as I'm afraid of guns. I am not. I love shooting, I love playing with them, I love disassembling and re-assembling them. I just hate to be in a situation I might have to use them.

That makes me believe that I will never (one can never say never of course) misuse a fire arm, because my father taught me to think about guns.

That's why I think it all comes down to a single variable: Education.

It's just like sex. It isn't dangerous. Use a condom. Have fun with it. Education again.

We are a civilized society. Why can't we make commercials like the end of the movie "America X" to sensibilize people? Why can't we make commercials for guns like it has been done about sex and condoms when AIDS was spiking?
Why are guns still a taboo?

I know I've deviated from the thread alot. But this was to make my point when I say: "Allowing or forbidding guns won't solve the problem. It will mask it, and it will take another form eventually. Education is they key for safety. All the other, although VERY important, are secondary". I haven't had troubles in a couple years, not because I'm a badass (which I am not :mrgreen: ) and because I only go to calm environments (which I do not). I haven't had troubles because I educated myself to be safe from badasses. Most of the times I can talk my way out of there. Bad luck can happen to us all, but even with guns and stuff, I can be shot from behind. But I do carry something to help me in a tight situation.

A simple example I used a few years back, when I was in the age of being approached on the street by two guys who asked me for 50cents was to give him 20c (which I carried in my pocket) and say: "Here, it's everything I've got" with a smirk. Worked like charm most of the times.

Once again, this is my personall point of view, and as AG and Gordon said, I like to "disagree" with other points of view. It's how I grow up and learn about this school that life is. So please, show me what you got :mrgreen:

Rant off. :-x
Go ahead, keep plugging away, picking on me! You will end up on bypass or with rigor mortise.
- GWiens2001
<<

Alera

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:41 am

I've made a pair of two with my grandpa from solid brass before, strictly for self defense purposes. Here in Colorado, it's legal, so long as it stays 100 feet away from a school. Lol. Anyway, I've noticed that you like to wrap the handle in cloth of some sort before you use it to pad the blow against your palm. Have you tried paracord? It's pretty absorbent stuff, and it looks nice as well.
'Go Analog Baby, You're So Post-Modern'
<<

jelliejones

Post Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:33 am

hi good day sir nice brass knuckles, i have my own tow, but it was made by stainless what do u think sir it was good enough.

Last edited by jelliejones on Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

escher7

Post Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:35 pm

Shook hands with the world breaking champion at a Karate match once, after watching him smash patio blocks like they were match sticks. Nearly took the skin off my palm. No need for brass knuckles for this guy.
<<

UnlockD

Familiar Face

Post Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:59 pm

escher7 wrote:Very illegal in Canada.

Good. I've been smashed in the side/back of my head with the American style. I had a spring assisted stiletto style knife handy though. That put an end to that.
<<

jupiter11d7

Familiar Face

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:43 pm

Just finished taking finals for the semester and moved back home today, figured I would post the ones I have.
IMG_1284.JPG

They fit pretty well, but a hard hit with them doesn't feel very good on the pinky.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Neilau

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:38 am

Something for all you cat lovers. :mrgreen:

http://www.defensedevices.com/catkeychain.html

OR

legal, work (if you are into that sort of thing), No, won't break your finger

and

You all own (at least) one. LOL

bn 1.jpg

bn 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Clark's Law (Arthur C)

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
Previous

Return to Cold Steel