FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

A dial type combination padlock, resettable, with key O/ride

<<

cupsay

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:06 am

A dial type combination padlock, resettable, with key O/ride

Hello fellow forum members,

I'm not sure if this is the right section of this forum to do this but, here goes:

1. For the last few weeks I've been trying to find a combination padlock that has a dial type combination input (that's the type where you dial in a combination by going right and left alternatively). I want the dial type (as opposed to the individual wheel type) as they are harder for someone to 'observe' most of the number as it is being dialed in, the user can't leave any part of their combination showing after they leave the area and they do not bind as easily as the individual wheel type do.

2. Another feature of the padlock I'm looking for is that it needs to have a key override. I need this feature as they are going to be used by staff for their personal lockers in a high risk (of staff thefts) industry where Company security can access lockers of suspect staff (without having to cut the lock off).

3. So far so good... there are plenty like this on the market with options 1 & 2. but, the padlock needs to also be resettable by the staff user... yes, there are a few of them to but, they only allow a reset to a handful of combinations not whatever combination the staff member wants. Unlimited selection (by the staff user) is necessary to stop staff, using the same series of lock, eventually working out what the combination is.

I have a colleague who tells me he used padlocks with all 3 options many years ago - he thinks it was a Master Lock brand sourced from France. Not speaking French, I wrote to Master Lock UK... they couldn't help. So, I wrote (in English) to Master Lock France... they haven't answered. I expect my friend is mistaken (as Master Lock UK and France are unlikely to have different products) so, does anybody know of such a lock on the market. A small issue I'm sure but, my initial order will be over 5,000 of these locks, if I can get them.

Just a reminder 'the user being able to reset to ANY combination they want (within the number of permutations possible)' is the feature I'm looking for coupled with a dial input type and key override.

Many tanks,
Cupsay.
<<

jones

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:07 pm

Re: A dial type combination padlock, resettable, with key O/

If you were a bit more flexible you would find that Master Padlock Co. actually incorporates all these features in their built-in type locker locks. The one's I remember using in school do work exactly as you request. Maybe you should consider building the lock into the door you'll be using and take advantage of the lower price available for a lock that already exists, kinda.
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:19 pm

check out this link, its from Masterlock.com http://www.masterlock.com/school_and_institutional/ hope that help ;)
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:25 pm

Just a note - the last time the OP visited this site was less than three hours after he created this (his only) post.

Good info, though. ;)

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

mercurial

Familiar Face

Post Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:06 pm

Given the thread has been resurrected, it may be worthwhile to answer the question, to assist others in the same position.

Whilst I am unaware of any padlock that meets all of the above specifications, there is a one that has the functionality required to satisfy their needs.

The Saly-Dance padlock made by Knollan is available in a configuration that accommodates two combinations - one for the user & another as an override code for the facility manager. So the second combination acts in place of the key override.

http://www.knollan.com/Applications

...Mark

Return to Buy, Sell, or Trade - Non-Lockpicking Items