FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

London Hatton Garden vault break in.

<<

gibson

Familiar Face

Post Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:39 am

Re: London Hatton Garden vault break in.

huxleypig - like I said in my post, i really don't want to give away the plot. the author of the book is wensley clarkson , which i was unable to post yesterday. there weren't any technical details given, brute force was used for the most part (high-power drills, hydraulic rams and sledgehammers). what was interesting was the description of the crime scene in England during the 60's thru the 90's, and how it changed thru the years, with the introduction of drugs and organized crime. kind of like 'east enders' meets 'last of the summer wine'. clarkson also mentions several other 'big heists' that were done during this period, which gives fodder for more research.
<<

ratlock

Familiar Face

Post Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:06 pm

here is a link to the latest news. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... dicts.html

I know there is no such thing as a victimless crime, and dont codone crime in any form.

But I suspect that as much of crime has been commited with false insurance claims on what was actually taken, and the true worth of the market value goods.
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:33 pm

ratlock wrote:here is a link to the latest news. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... dicts.html

I know there is no such thing as a victimless crime, and dont codone crime in any form.

But I suspect that as much of crime has been commited with false insurance claims on what was actually taken, and the true worth of the market value goods.

I think this too. The presence of an inside man makes this likely. It is like the Antwerp heist, the gang had someone on the inside there too and Notarbartolo (the ringleader) has since given interviews stating that the amount claimed by the insurance was nowhere near what they got. For the perpetrators point of view, everybody's a winner (so long as they don't get caught); the business gets a bigger insurance payout than what they lost and the thieves get a wedge.
Previous

Return to Current Events