FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Trioving/Assa Abloy 1252

<<

einherjer

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:07 am

Trioving/Assa Abloy 1252

Since I got so good respons on my "first" post.
I want ask if anyone has picked this one.
My problem is I dont get the pins to bind, both stacks, unless I use extremely heavy tension. So much tension that all I focus on is that, and it makes picking nearly impossible. (this is clockwise, counterclockwise they bind up supereasy, but since this is a padlock Im not sure if it enough "room" to pick it. have tried but)
It is 6 pins - 5 sidepins (so it is not the S10 with 4 sidepins, but very similar)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Patrick Star

Post Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:01 pm

Re: Trioving/Assa Abloy 1252

The cylinder in this is a Twin Combi, right?
In that case you have to alternate between picking the top and side pins. You aren't really supposed to have both stacks binding at the same time.
Pick top pins until none is binding, find side binder(s), repeat. Some locks go back and forth between them a lot - some not so much.
You need to use pretty heavy tension to find the side binders, but nothing extreme.
Video of me picking one: https://vimeo.com/308801435
You can tell the amount of tension applied - it certainly gets pretty heavy sometimes on the side pins, but nothing extreme really.
<<

einherjer

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:33 am

Thanks a lot! for your input. And great picking in the video. (the video in itself is impressive for a "first attempt"!!)
(Forgot to say that I dont have a key. (that would make things a lot easier (???))
I was a bit unclear about the pins, what I meant is: To make the top pins bind one have to use insanly heavy tension. The sidepins dont bind whatever ( they will when the top pins are picked, Im sure)
What Im thinking is to take my thickest "viper-insert" and make a "long" wrench, atleast 10cm, in hopes to get better leverage and not use all my attention on the tensioning, instead of picking.
Interesting what you said that the pins bind alternate between top and sidepins. Nice to be aware Thanks! :hbg:
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:19 am

Yeah, a key would make unlocking the padlock much easier.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

einherjer

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:58 pm

Absolutely!
Found this lock outside a shoppingmall, where somebody had been in the garbage-containers.

(I removed my comments here: They were "bad taste" and not right for this (or any) Forum. For the record I want to say that for me: I have always lived by The principels of Locksport. So much that I can say a few years back, when I startet picking locks.( I did not have many locks) One night a bit "tired" of picking the same ones I thought "I can pick the lock on my frontdoor", I even stood up going towards it, but then I started thinking it is not my lock (I only rented the place) And very clearly I remember thinking "I either live by them or not - no in between" I did not try to pick that lock.)
Last edited by einherjer on Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Gabesthomas

Post Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:30 am

einherjer wrote:Absolutely!
Found this lock outside a shoppingmall, where somebody had been in the garbage-containers. They had twisted it of the ankerpoint on the container (a ridicolusly weak thing) so they could get "in".
(I have always found it quite funny, that in Norway, people lock their garbage with Quality locks - like the school near me, with 4 D12
Trioving/Assa Abloy`s on the garbage-units. (but the locking-arm/lever in the lock is very similar to "Fretex-boxes" supereasy to open for everyone)

So it's a stolen Trioving? :???:
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:00 pm

Gabesthomas wrote:
einherjer wrote:Absolutely!
Found this lock outside a shoppingmall, where somebody had been in the garbage-containers. They had twisted it of the ankerpoint on the container (a ridicolusly weak thing) so they could get "in".
(I have always found it quite funny, that in Norway, people lock their garbage with Quality locks - like the school near me, with 4 D12
Trioving/Assa Abloy`s on the garbage-units. (but the locking-arm/lever in the lock is very similar to "Fretex-boxes" supereasy to open for everyone)

So it's a stolen Trioving? :???:

Hate to say it, but it sure sounds that way to me too. I'm not one to jump on a pedestal... but I feel that those of us in this hobby or industry should be held to, and attempt to reach, an even higher moral standard than most. A very rigid one that consists of black and white.

So this business now...
Has damage to the container, requiring repair/welding. $$
Maybe unauthorized garbage which filled it up sooner, extra dump. $$
And to top it off, a missing lock, that was in perfect working order. $$
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

einherjer

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:46 am

Yes
I didn`t even think about this.
Of course when you spell it out for me. I see it
<<

einherjer

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:05 am

When you find a lock beside the road, and take it with you, yes you haven`t bought it yourself.
And what I said about the "ankerpoint" is something I saw later (weeks later) and only because, I tend to look at locks. (the brand)
(Not gonna tell the hole story, but I want you to know it was not like the lock was right beside the container (it was probably thrown to where I found it)
If you would go and give it back, yes its the right thing to do, and yes you are a better man than I am.
Still I get it. Really.
(Anyway I think something has been done to it, so it is not a working lock)
<<

Oldfast

Post Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:50 am

I appreciate your reaction. Also helpful that you elaborated more on what happened. You can probably understand how your original paragraph painted a very clear line of events in my mind though. If this is not exactly how it played out - my apologies for sure!

But look Kim, I really wanna clarify (as tone and many other things are often lost in text). I hope you don't feel I was really attacking you and taking great pleasure in it. Truth is, I hate this shit, lol. Jumping up on a pedestal inevitably leaves me feeling like a hypocrite. I'm certainly no better than anyone else... and I could, but won't :???:, site lock-related situations from my beginnings to prove it.

In my mind, it's more of a 'respect' thing. For you, for me, the hobby, the forum, etc. As unpleasant as it is - I think we owe it to ourselves to make mention of these things when needed. Unfortunately people usually get angry and go on the offensive. So again, I appreciate how you considered what was said, and your reasonable response to it.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

einherjer

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:08 am

Thank you for saying that. I really appreciate it. Reading what I posted, I also see my comments does not "paint" a good picture. They were meant like "ironic humor" but are really just bad, stupidly bad.
Sorry about this.
<<

PappaPig

Familiar Face

Post Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:39 am

I found an Abloy 330, closed without a key, laying on the ground at our recycling centre. I aked if I could take it. They said yes. Will never get it open, of course...

Return to ASSA/Abloy