FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

ABUS 90/50 BROKEN KEY REMOVAL

<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:28 pm

ABUS 90/50 BROKEN KEY REMOVAL

Was hoping to make a key from broken key for this pad ! but no luck after removing the broken key and cutting a new one :D fun lock to pick

photos to follow
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by 10ringo10 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

ARF-GEF

Post Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:29 pm

Re: ABUS 90/50 BROKEN KEY REMOVAL

were you impressioning it Ringo?
To infinity... and beyond!
=== WARNING DANGER OF TYPOS!===
Arfspeak: calnin cladycomes: you allow her key in themodning
Equals in plain English: cleaning lady comes: you allow her key in the morning
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:36 pm

ARF-GEF wrote:were you impressioning it Ringo?

I tried for a good few hours and no luck at all to impression this beast !
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:28 pm

Are you sure it's the correct key for the lock? If not, I wonder if the previous owner used the wrong key on the lock, tried a bit TOO hard to turn it, and broke off the key and thats why your copy didn't work.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:32 pm

I Have not come across the abus 90/50 pad lock before ..so did a bit of searching and on this stainless steel abus the core can not be removed !

There are other abus 90/50 that the core can be removed on.... and yes mbi you are correct it is not the correct key !

I guess the owner will not want it back now ! ah ah
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:24 am

Every lock can be disassembled. Some can not be reassembled afterwards :soldier:

I agree impressioning is the way to go. Get some help by analyzing the picked pins height and make a quick drawing of the bittings if you wish. Then slowly impression it.

Cheers :)
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:14 am

Nice lock! I'm a sucker for the shrouded one's :)
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:19 am

femurat wrote:Every lock can be disassembled. Some can not be reassembled afterwards

That made me laugh. Thank you for thinking outside the box and giving us a more refreshing perspective.

I guess a more apt description of a "lock that can be disassembled" could be something more like "a lock that is designed to be serviced via disassembly and reassembly."
<<

rai

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:24 am

What femurat said, the key as best I can see it has about 3 different cuts in the bitting, all very close together,
pick this lock and while the plug is turned, take a diamond pick and ride it up and down over the pins, watch the shaft of the diamond pick and see if the bumping along the pins corresponds to what you see on the broken key, and deep or high pins will be easy to learn the positions of.
if the bumping diamond pick riding along the pins that are stopped by the cylinder wall, corresponds to the broken key, it may be that the broken key is a bad copy that is near the true bitting but just does not fit.
if you are familiar with impressioning, you know how you have a key that is not turning until you finally get it right and suddenly it turns, often turns hard because its too tight and this will leave heavy marks on the key blade so even after getting it to turn, you still have to file it a bit more,
a bad fitting key that works this way is cut too high, a key that is cut just a bit low, will not open the lock until you lift the key in the keyway or withdraw it until the pins climb a bit on the peaks and the key sort of picks it open.

Return to Abus