FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Destructive entry??

<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:13 am

Re: Destructive entry??

GutterClown wrote:[

When would the average lockpicker need to know how to bypass a Lockwood 3541 short-backset mortice lock with a 1/8th drill and a piece of wire?

I agree with you, Clown. An online forum is just another tool in my bag. True; the need for a destructive entry technique is a rare thing in the trade. What is truly necessary is the detailed knowledge of the locks we work on daily. I don't have any idea what a Lockwood 3541 short-basket mortise lock is, but if I encounter one in the field, I know there are those who are experts on the thing who can help.

One day, while working for a school district, I had to unlock a Sargent storeroom function mortise lock. No response to the key operation. I extracted the (removable) core and inspected with my scope. The latch assembly had disconnected and was solidly jamming the lock. Knowing where to place the 1/4 inch hole prevented the total destruction of both the door and the lock.
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

GutterClown

Post Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:52 pm

magician59 wrote:What is truly necessary is the detailed knowledge of the locks we work on daily.

One day, while working for a school district, I had to unlock a Sargent storeroom function mortise lock. No response to the key operation. I extracted the (removable) core and inspected with my scope. The latch assembly had disconnected and was solidly jamming the lock. Knowing where to place the 1/4 inch hole prevented the total destruction of both the door and the lock.

exactly, there's nothing that can compare to personal experience with locks, and being able to discover your own methods and reasoning behind how to attack a lock. I'm not against this idea for the DE subforum, it's just redundant.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:14 pm

GutterClown wrote:
magician59 wrote:What is truly necessary is the detailed knowledge of the locks we work on daily.

exactly, there's nothing that can compare to personal experience with locks, and being able to discover your own methods and reasoning behind how to attack a lock. I'm not against this idea for the DE subforum, it's just redundant.

Gutterclown, don't take this the wrong way, but it seems like your always against everything, and if it isn't your idea, it's not a good one. Nobody is going to force you to post in the NDE forum, if you don't like it, or you think it's redundant, then don't go there, it's simple as that. I support new ideas on this forum, Lew and Hallis have something good here, It's hard for me to open one of your posts because 9 out of 10, it is something negative. Please prove me wrong. This experience you speak of would be of a great benefit to the forum and I look forward to your ideas.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

thelockoutguys

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:30 pm

destructive entry is used by locksmiths when locks are not working correctly or are broken as to where they cannot be open by conventional means...such as picking. same as by bypassing a lock. when certain car ignitions fail and cannot be turned using the key there is no other way to remove the ignition other than using tools like an igniton buster or certain force tools to remove the lock to replace it. These are every day tools and methods in the industry..They are definatley not very fun or challenging like picking. But they are necessary for work..not sport. The forum here has started these topics because of the interest shown. Hopefully some people might learn something from the future posts and videos and try not to compare the two. There is no comparison. The end!
<<

GutterClown

Post Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:19 am

the lockpickkid wrote:Gutterclown, don't take this the wrong way, but it seems like your always against everything, and if it isn't your idea, it's not a good one. Nobody is going to force you to post in the NDE forum, if you don't like it, or you think it's redundant, then don't go there, it's simple as that. I support new ideas on this forum, Lew and Hallis have something good here, It's hard for me to open one of your posts because 9 out of 10, it is something negative. Please prove me wrong. This experience you speak of would be of a great benefit to the forum and I look forward to your ideas.

no offense taken. I'm not always negative, I just don't jump on bandwagons or join in sensationalist banter.
Facts, corrections, and alternative opinions. If I agree with something, I generally don't bother replying to it. This is why you only see replies from me correcting or being negative.
Previous

Return to Lock Picking