FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

MT5+ weird binding order, any experience?

<<

MHM

Familiar Face

Post Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:35 am

MT5+ weird binding order, any experience?

I'm working on an MT5+ with the sidebar removed to effectively make it an MT5.

It's a very easy pick, BUT for some reason the alpha element doesn't bind until halfway through picking the outers - with all the rest of these I've picked you just set the alpha pin first then ignore it. With this one you get a few clicks on outers, hit a brick wall, set the alpha and then carry on as normal. It's not a problem, it's just in my experience a bit odd.

Anyone else had this happen?

Thx,

Michael.
<<

droshi

Familiar Face

Post Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:52 am

Re: MT5+ weird binding order, any experience?

I don't have any direct experience yet, but I've heard from others that while the Alpha spring normally is the first to set, it's not always true. So sounds normal to me.
<<

adi_picker

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:31 pm

Gday Mike,

I experienced exactly this when picking my MT5+ CW. Not sure why, but its totally normal, perhaps a sloppy tolerance on the alpha? Either way, this was only when picking CW. When I was picking CCW it would bind right after the first outer was picked, like clockwork.

CW is my tip for this lock, pick the sidebar first (when you have it back in), and then the outers, the alpha when it wants it, and then the inners.

adi_picker
<<

tpark

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:11 pm

adi_picker wrote:Gday Mike,

I experienced exactly this when picking my MT5+ CW. Not sure why, but its totally normal, perhaps a sloppy tolerance on the alpha? Either way, this was only when picking CW. When I was picking CCW it would bind right after the first outer was picked, like clockwork.

CW is my tip for this lock, pick the sidebar first (when you have it back in), and then the outers, the alpha when it wants it, and then the inners.

adi_picker

This is good advice - of course this could vary from lock to lock.

Return to Lock Picking