FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Multipick Elite series

<<

Lauren

Post Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:25 pm

Multipick Elite series

After a week of waiting, I finally ordered my German made Elite 27 lock picks from Multipick. What can I expect from these highly recommended tools that has no product reviews from the LockPickShop?
<<

Tok36

Familiar Face

Post Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:34 pm

Re: Multipick Elite series

I have not tried any of the Multipick Elite series picks. B. Bill did a review on them a while back. From that they look to be a good set.

(890) Review: Multi-Pick's ELITE 27 Pick Set
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aygRRSGCi0Q
<<

ratlock

Familiar Face

Post Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:42 pm

They are good picks. I once broke one in an Ingersoll lever padlock, and they replaced it free of charge.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:11 am

These are the best out-of-the-box picks I have so far seen, but I don't know the Peterson's. They are on the thin side, nicely stiff and have rounded edges.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

Lauren

Post Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:13 am

Good stuff. Thanks guys. These picks remind me of the my older Southord Max yield picks from what I can see from the videos.
<<

Lauren

Post Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:02 pm

I got my Multipick Elite 27 pick set today (.023 inch). At first, I thought these picks were merely a clone of the older Max Yield picks from Southord. I still have a few of these picks to make comparisons. The Southord picks clearly have rough edges (remember these are the older ones and I don't know if the quality edges is different on the newer plastic handle versions). Admittedly, you get a lot of picks in a nice case with very little bulkiness. In general, the smaller pick handles are old school and are harder to grasp without getting finger fatigue, but I expect the pick case will hold up better with the slim handles. I have already ruined my $400 pick set case from Peterson due to the bulky handles, tearing the stitches. Anyway, I like knowing the metal runs through the entire pick. Also, I like to believe the metal Multipick is using is better than the Southord by comparison, but time will tell. The Germans tend to do every top notch with high attention to detail. I probably will use these picks only for certain occasions. Owning them gives me a certain satisfaction and I will use the Peterson line for everyday roughing it. Is the Elite 27 worth $145.00? I think so.
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:54 am

It's good to see a happy customer! And NO, I have no affiliation with any pick manufacturers. I have heard nice things about these picks from everyone that uses them.
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin
<<

Lauren

Post Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:01 pm

I left a review at the Lockpickshop site about the Elite 27. It seems many purchasers are gun shy when it comes to reviews.

Return to Lock Picking