FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Picking A Kwikset Gen3 SmartKey Lock

<<

coderz

Post Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:14 pm

Picking A Kwikset Gen3 SmartKey Lock

Anyone have any luck picking the Kwikset smartkey gen3 system. I bought a new smartkey from kwikset one of the deadbolts. I think it's a Gen3 (it's whatever is newest) so I don't think there is a gen4? In any case I've taken the lock apart and even with the cylinder out, I can get the wafers to bind by pressing on the sidebar, but they still drop after getting a couple of them set.

Does anyone have any advice on picking this thing? Are there any other bypass tools that work with this now? The DumbKey doesn't work anymore on the Gen3. Actually for the money these seems like decent locks which I hate to give Kwikset credit for, but they don't seem bad in terms of security; as far as holding up goes that's a different topic.
<<

Gabesthomas

Post Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:01 pm

Re: Picking A Kwikset Gen3 SmartKey Lock

For me, light tension is key. Some rake open easy with a city rake while others only seem to work single pin picking. good luck
<<

Gabesthomas

Post Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:20 am

or get the bypass tool by brockhage. I use it often
<<

jharveee

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:38 am

What about the deadbolts? The only non destructive way is the decoder scope?(That I'm aware of). I haven't mastered decoding them with the tool yet. Been lucky enough to find others ways in, on the lockouts I've been to. I've managed to pick a couple of the older versions.(not in the field). With their newer designs, the bypasses won't work or it's coming down to ruining the lock. They are putting those smartkey cylinders into electronic keypad deadbolts. Guess I better practice on picking and/or Decoding.
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:07 pm

The visual decoder is the only reliable way that I know of to open them NDE. There is the sidebar tensioning bypass but when on a door I imagine this is hard to pull off because you still have to pick it. I don't have one to play with but I am sure there has to be another way to bypass the reverse sidebar mechanism, or cheat the system somehow.

Return to Lock Picking