FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Challenge lock with t pins recommendations

<<

LockpickingChef

Post Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:37 pm

Challenge lock with t pins recommendations

Hey everyone I'm new here. I've recently started making a few challenge locks. I've never dealt with t pins, so i figured i should make some and fill a lock with them. (No Dremel yet - just using a file and vice so they're pretty rugged) I'm trying a combination of t pins solo, stacked to make drunken spools, and with a (homemade) wafer between the spring and upside down pin. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for what would be most effective? Thanks everyone
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:33 pm

Re: Challenge lock with t pins recommendations

I'd recommend that if you are using the T pins with a wafer between the narrow end of the T and the spring, make sure that the T pin still reaches above the shear line when the pins are at rest or else you will make the easiest to pick lock you have ever seen. The wafer would be above the shear line, and the slight turning to tension the lock would cause that wafer to stop at the shear line, while the narrow T pin would fall below the shear line.

I tried it before, hence why I know. :oops:

Gordon

BTW - I'm a LockpickingFormerChef. :D
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

LockpickingChef

Post Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:07 am

Re: Challenge lock with t pins recommendations

Thanks for the advice I'll remember that.

Return to Lock Picking