FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Unpickables ????

<<

frantic57744

Familiar Face

Post Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:17 pm

Re: Unpickables ????

GutterClown wrote:hehe, Good luck on the Chubb AVA padlock. On last count, I believe these were still classed as unpickable.

That I can believe, having probed the discs with a short hook it "feels" as if they won,t rotate individually. Plus the actual rotation of the key is slight to open the lock. What a scalp that would be to get this one nailed !! :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/user/frantic57744

A diplomat is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip.
<<

frantic57744

Familiar Face

Post Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:20 pm

jruther2 wrote:
frantic57744 wrote:i,ve shown you mine now let see yours !! ;)
Here ya go...
EVVA 3KS.JPG
ASSA Twin Pro.JPG
Sargent Keso Dimple Lock.JPG
Baton Disc Detainer.JPG
Medeco M3.JPG
Mul-T-Lock Interactive.JPG
someday...

Blimey !! Each and every one sends a shiver down me spine! lol Thanks for sharing the images (HAHA)

A diplomat is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip.
<<

frantic57744

Familiar Face

Post Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:48 pm

rosindubh37713 wrote:
frantic57744 wrote:Here,s a few i,ve had for a while as of yet unpicked ,,,, i,ve shown you mine now let see yours !! ;)

What would you use on he CHUBB? is it a Disc detainer?? I have never had the fortune of picking a Chubb, not even a Chubb pin Tumbler, I must try and get myself one!!!
Nice locks mate!!

The thing with the chubb is the entry to the keyway is constructed in such a way you couldn,t use a disc dectainer tool to tension the top disc. Hence i,ve bought the tool to tension the disc at the bottom. The tool itself probably needs tweaking to even be in with a shot of picking the lock.. Get yourself a steel chubb with a removable core :lol:

<<

frantic57744

Familiar Face

Post Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:56 pm

mentoOsmann wrote:
Solomon wrote:Stay positive, it won't be long before you're able to open it with your eyes closed.

Thanks mate.

Solomon wrote:Never heard of BKS before,

It's a german lock company.

Solomon wrote:but it's a standard 1A profile and the bitting isn't too crazy... is it just the spools that are giving you trouble? They are pretty long, but since they're right at the front they shouldn't be giving you a headache for too long. Keep at it!

Compared to the standart Abus profil the keyway is kinda narrow:

The problem is I can't set all pins. I've heard they removed some material where the driverpins enter the plug so if you apply tension and try to pick a pin there is no more small edge where the driver pin could rest on. Not sure if this is true but it could explain why I'm not able to set all pins.

I can see the logic, it sounds like they,ve countersunk the plug at the shearline. So in picking terms there isn,t any surface area for the driver pin to sit on. By virtue of the fact you tend to pick your locks with real velocity this one is obviously a force to be reckoned with :mrgreen:

<<

rosindubh37713

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:09 pm

frantic57744 wrote:
rosindubh37713 wrote:
frantic57744 wrote:Here,s a few i,ve had for a while as of yet unpicked ,,,, i,ve shown you mine now let see yours !! ;)

What would you use on he CHUBB? is it a Disc detainer?? I have never had the fortune of picking a Chubb, not even a Chubb pin Tumbler, I must try and get myself one!!!
Nice locks mate!!

The thing with the chubb is the entry to the keyway is constructed in such a way you couldn,t use a disc dectainer tool to tension the top disc. Hence i,ve bought the tool to tension the disc at the bottom. The tool itself probably needs tweaking to even be in with a shot of picking the lock.. Get yourself a steel chubb with a removable core :lol:

I suppose in a way it similar to the Abloy then?? I will try and get my self one! thats one lock that I have never tried to pick before!!
Cheers buddy!!!
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:49 am

mentoOsmann wrote:The problem is I can't set all pins. I've heard they removed some material where the driverpins enter the plug so if you apply tension and try to pick a pin there is no more small edge where the driver pin could rest on. Not sure if this is true but it could explain why I'm not able to set all pins.

Hmm... in theory there is still an edge for them to rest on - it's just a bit different. I can see why that'd be a pain though; have you tried picking in both directions? You said you can get some pins set, so by the sounds of it you'll need to SPP what you can and rake the rest to open it.
<<

GutterClown

Post Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:09 am

frantic57744 wrote:I can see the logic, it sounds like they,ve countersunk the plug at the shearline. So in picking terms there isn,t any surface area for the driver pin to sit on. By virtue of the fact you tend to pick your locks with real velocity this one is obviously a force to be reckoned with :mrgreen:

Easy to replicate. Take a cheap lock you can rekey, pick it 5 times and record the time it takes every time. Then take it, ream the holes out with a large drillbit, and repeat the process.

makes it much easier to pick.
Previous

Return to Lock Picking