FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Sentry Safe lockout

<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:33 pm

Sentry Safe lockout

Had to open a sentry file folder safe today, took about 1 minute to complete, typical wafer lock, counter clockwise tension opens this wafer lock, to close it back up you must use clockwise tension and pick the latch to the closed position, I tried using my plug spinner but either wasn't quick enough, or something didn't permit it to work! My evaluation on these safes are that they are built of reasonable quality but are made mostly to protect your documents in case of fire, they lock itself doesn't provide that much security. However purchasing one of these with the tubular lock may be slightly more secure. Any comments?

http://www.sentrysafe.com/products/productDetail.aspx?s=10&WT.si_n=ShoppingCart&WT.si_p=CartView
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:39 pm

Re: Sentry Safe lockout

1 minute? :lol: You could have made a new key in 2 with a decent file and a blank ;) Most of 'em take a Y11.
<<

GutterClown

Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:54 am

Indeed, Impressioning a key would be another option for these.

Also, Plug spinners on wafer locks generally won't work. They're spring loaded?
<<

shaothegreat

Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:39 am

Hehe, I actually have a Sentry fire safe that I lost the key for years ago and now I use my trusty half ball to lock and unlock it as necessary.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:48 am

GutterClown wrote:Indeed, Impressioning a key would be another option for these.

Also, Plug spinners on wafer locks generally won't work. They're spring loaded?

I was just trying!!
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:05 am

ToolyMcgee wrote:1 minute? :lol: You could have made a new key in 2 with a decent file and a blank ;) Most of 'em take a Y11.

Tooly, you know I can't impression! I wish I could get someone that lives close to me to teach me how to impression, you all make it look easy, well, it ain't easy for me!!
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:30 pm

the lockpickkid wrote:Tooly, you know I can't impression! I wish I could get someone that lives close to me to teach me how to impression, you all make it look easy, well, it ain't easy for me!!

Picking is an artform, but impressioning is a science. Prepare a blank, tap or jiggle, and look for a mark. File it. That's all. For a box like that, there is almost no way to miss. I had no one to instruct me past Lew and 101, but I did 3 locks out of the gate with 4 blanks. My second a master 532. It's patience and control, almost the same as picking in reverse. All a mentor has taught me is I'm too careful to be great, and it makes me miss. He see's marks on tough locks I brush off as noise, but those boxes make hash marks on keys you can't ignore.

Impressioning is the true locksmith's call. Fitting a troublesome duplicate key to a lock, and effortlessly making a key from a blank for a lock that cannot be disassembled.

-Tooly

Return to Lock Picking