FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

7 Pin Best Lock tips?

<<

regis

Familiar Face

Post Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:08 pm

7 Pin Best Lock tips?

Anyone have any tips for picking a 7 pin Best IC core with the "H" key way? I'm having a hell of a time with it but no luck yet.
<<

.45cal

Global Moderator

Post Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:17 pm

Re: 7 Pin Best Lock tips?

I have only ever picked one 7 pin best core and all I can say is take your time and go slow I found that I needed more tension than on the 6 pin. as for the keyway I as well as many others on the boards don't know what a H profile looks like by memory so a picture is worth a 1000 words ;)

viewtopic.php?f=64&t=1310&start=15
<<

Warder

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:12 pm

Best 'H' keyway
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

rosindubh37713

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:48 am

I have a 7 pin H-Core BEST padlock and have only managed to pick it once (spp) Every now and then I get it out and have a little go but can never seem to get it again, it's just one of them locks that doesnt want to be picked!! LOL
Check out my Picking Videos @ http://uk.youtube.com/RosinDubh37713
<<

regis

Familiar Face

Post Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:44 am

Yeah I know that haha. Not to mention its got a pretty wicked bitting. Perseverance shall triumph in the end.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:37 am

I have picked a few of these, I made a tension wrench to sufficiantly fit the keyway, they are tough and I can't pick them all, I used to say that I could pick any Best lock, lately I have had alot of trouble with a bunch of them, bet more than a dozen have simply opened for me when they seen that HPC short hook coming there way, they knew they had to give up. Tension is the key on these Best locks, some people say use alot, I never use hardly any. If you don't have your tension right, in my experience, they just won't open.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:22 pm

Patience and perseverance are the key words when it comes to BEST. Their original pins are all spools and serrations. They even use spool bottom pins. Linked with the two separate shear lines, these have become buggars to pick. I still have quite a bit of luck (and I can't think of a more apt word than luck) using a lot of lubrication (Tri-Flow is my personal fave) and a double sided tweezer type tension tool and a small half diamond (mostly raking). I did most recently (primarily out of frustration) remove a BEST core using a double sided split rake, similar to those found in the GOSO sets. That might have made me a You Tube overnight hero, had I been able to record it!
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:48 pm

I have a BEST 7pin B keyway cylinder and it is pure unadulterated EVIL! Evil I tell you! One day it will give in to my charms and open for me... one day...
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:57 am

These Best locks, 7 pin or other, are my most favorite lock of all time, No I can't pick them all, but I really like the design and the security they offer, the padlocks, they are even tough as nails! Some open easy, others or most don't even budge!
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.

Return to Lock Picking