FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Destructive entry??

<<

.45cal

Global Moderator

Post Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:34 am

Destructive entry??

I don't want to start a big fight or anything I know how upset some people get as soon as you talk about DE. All I want to know is what do you guys think about having a PW protected forum for DE. I ask because I have a few crap cylinders that I feel like destroying as well as my master 175.
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:02 pm

Re: Destructive entry??

You can get a pretty good idea about the Master 175 from the "inside the 175 bypass" video. What I did to make my cut-away was measure to locate the pin that holds the entire mechanism together, drill from the blind side, and punch the pin out. I am not opposed to a PW protected forum. I do use DE and NDE methods as a professional locksmith. The ones opposed to DE methods are merely trying to elevate the ART of lock manipulation.
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:45 pm

I think a password protected area would be cool for DE, and also for some NDE, it seems we get alot of traffic here by people just passing through trying to get as much information they can, probably for bad intentions. I see people signed into this site all the time that I don't recognize and they don't have any posts. I think it's a great idea, with some more feedback, we will have to see what Hallis says.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:14 pm

So far I believe we have done a pretty good job of policing the site ourselves. We (regular posters) are good at noticing each other and discerning the suspicious ones. I agree that a protected area might be good. I have also been trying to see if we can start up a local group that meets regularly (like TOOOL). This can also be a way to elevate the art of our hobby, while helping to ward off malicious gathering of sensitive information.

In light of this: Anyone in or near the Houston, TX area?
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:23 pm

If enough of you guys want it - I can put together a group area w/ PW. And no, it won't be a typical password.

I propose an invitation-only area with only certain members allowed access.

Keeps out the sack-draggers, riff-raff, and slack-jawed yokels.
;)
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:31 pm

magician59 wrote:So far I believe we have done a pretty good job of policing the site ourselves. We (regular posters) are good at noticing each other and discerning the suspicious ones. I agree that a protected area might be good. I have also been trying to see if we can start up a local group that meets regularly (like TOOOL). This can also be a way to elevate the art of our hobby, while helping to ward off malicious gathering of sensitive information.

In light of this: Anyone in or near the Houston, TX area?

Expanding on Magician59's idea - I'll be creating a section on the board where pickers can go to one section on the board and search for groups or other like minded lockpicker-type folks for get-togethers, meetings, discussions, etc.
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:20 pm

Fantastic! So far in the Greater Houston Area, we have a group of one. All members are invited to join. Let me know. No lock is too sacred.
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

thelockoutguys

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:55 pm

the only bad side to it is people get butt hurt when then arnt invited or "dont have enough posts" or ect..someone is gonna have to spend way to much time dealing with this and answering peoples questions blah blah blah..im for it but whoever has to monitor it ..its gonns suck..how are you gonna determine who gets in and doesnt..posts? time on site? or just personal invite...once there is a "secret room" everybody and their momma is going to be banging on the site admins door to get in and he has the responsibilty to monitor who gets in..and whos legit and so on..
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:15 pm

thelockoutguys wrote:the only bad side to it is people get butt hurt when then arnt invited or "dont have enough posts" or ect..someone is gonna have to spend way to much time dealing with this and answering peoples questions blah blah blah..im for it but whoever has to monitor it ..its gonns suck..how are you gonna determine who gets in and doesnt..posts? time on site? or just personal invite...once there is a "secret room" everybody and their momma is going to be banging on the site admins door to get in and he has the responsibilty to monitor who gets in..and whos legit and so on..

Well, I personally hate the posts count idea, I have alot of posts here, but when you take someone like Magician or Gutterclown, Or Tooly, hands down they know more shit than I do!!! SO I am with the lockout guys, no post count qualification, but I am not sure how we could decide who is in and who is not, personally as it stands right now, most of our members are ones that are trusted, and the few others who are really new will gain trust in time, good thing I aint a moderator!! Thats a big job to sort out!
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

Steve

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:28 pm

i agree this would be a cool idea
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:46 pm

magician59 wrote:Fantastic! So far in the Greater Houston Area, we have a group of one. All members are invited to join. Let me know. No lock is too sacred.

We'll call you Magician59 - The One Man Gang.

Nevertheless, you can count me in. Go to the groups section.
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:54 pm

thelockoutguys wrote:the only bad side to it is people get butt hurt when then arnt invited or "dont have enough posts" or ect..someone is gonna have to spend way to much time dealing with this and answering peoples questions blah blah blah..im for it but whoever has to monitor it ..its gonns suck..how are you gonna determine who gets in and doesnt..posts? time on site? or just personal invite...once there is a "secret room" everybody and their momma is going to be banging on the site admins door to get in and he has the responsibilty to monitor who gets in..and whos legit and so on..

Hurting people's feelings? Shit! That's my specialty!

Seriously though, I'll bear the responsibility for opening and closing the gate. Consequently, whining, sniveling, and scratching at the door will not impress me or touch a soft spot in my heart.

I'm making a list of folks that I deem worthy and I'll contact them via PM with a password. And the password will change randomly. Give me a few days to think it through on how I want to set this up...stay tuned.
<<

thelockoutguys

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:28 pm

right on hallis ...sounds like a plan in action! Not only would it be good for destructive entry but there is a lot of sensitive stuff that i will not post in the forums just because the wrong people could still get a hold of it...more like an advance forum of sort...
<<

GutterClown

Post Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:02 am

.45cal wrote:I don't want to start a big fight or anything I know how upset some people get as soon as you talk about DE. All I want to know is what do you guys think about having a PW protected forum for DE. I ask because I have a few crap cylinders that I feel like destroying as well as my master 175.

I don't really mind either way, I've just heard the argument that if people *need* to know DE techniques (working locksmith) they have access to the training and trainers in their job path. There's no comparing info in a forum post, to being shown one-on-one by an experienced professional.

I haven't got any problems with discussing DE, but it's just not really needed. When would the average lockpicker need to know how to bypass a Lockwood 3541 short-backset mortice lock with a 1/8th drill and a piece of wire?
<<

uklockpicker

The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor
The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor

Post Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:25 am

I think its a great idea , why not indeed...

Thanks also for the invite , ill see some of you there ;)
Next

Return to Lock Picking