FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

MEDECO CONTEST WINNERS!

<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:28 pm

MEDECO CONTEST WINNERS!

Announcement!

• CONTEST BEGINS MIDNIGHT JAN 1, 2010 THRU MIDNIGHT FEB 1, 2010.

• ALL KEYPICKING MEMBERS THAT DISPLAY THEIR LOCATIONS IN THEIR PROFILE ARE ELIGIBLE TO ENTER. IF YOU DON'T CURRENTLY SHOW YOUR LOCATION, GO TO YOUR UCP (USER CONTROL PANEL) AT THE TOP LEFT HAND CORNER OF THE PAGE AND FILL IT IN NOW.

• GOAL: TO STATIC PICK EITHER A MEDECO MODEL 10 BIAXIAL, HIGH SECURITY RIM/MORTISE CYLINDER – OR MODEL 20 KEY-IN-KNOB CYLINDER. (NO M3 OR M3 BI-LEVELS ARE ELIGIBLE) AND POST VIDEO ON YOUTUBE. THE BIAXIAL IS MORE SPECIFICALLY DEFINED AS PER THE LOCKWIKI DEFINITION ON THE FOLLOWING PAGE: http://www.lockwiki.com/index.php/Medeco_Biaxial

• MUST CONTAIN NO LESS THAN FIVE (5) PINS.

• PM HALLISCHALMERS DIRECTLY AND HE WILL ISSUE YOU A SPECIFIC ENTRY NUMBER. NOTE: ONLY ONE ENTRY PER CONTESTANT!

• TITLE YOUR YOUTUBE VIDEO EXACTLY AS FOLLOWS: “KP MEDECO ENTRY #______”

• RECORD YOUR SPP PICKING IN ONE CONTINUOUS SHOT – NO CUTS, FADES, OR PAUSES.

• CLEARLY SHOW YOUR KEY BITTING AGAINST A BLACK BACKGROUND BEFORE COMMENCING.

• TIME COMMENCES WHEN THE PICK ENTERS THE KEYWAY.

• THE LOCK MUST BE STATICALLY PICKED IN THE VERTICAL POSITION AND SECURED IN A VISE, DOOR, OR OTHER SOLID DISPLAY REPLICATING A DOOR.

• YOU MUST GUT THE LOCK AND CLEARLY SHOW INDIVIDUAL KEY AND DRIVER PIN TYPES, ALL WHILE CONTINUOUSLY RECORDING. DO THIS AT END OF VIDEO.

• LOCK MAY BE SPP'D (SINGLE PIN PICKED) OR RAKED.

• COMB PICKS, PICKGUNS, CODE SETTING KEYS, ETC., OR ANY FORM OF DESTRUCTIVE ENTRY IS NOT PERMITTED.

• NO RESTRICTIONS ON PICKS, TENSION WRENCHES, OR MEDECODER SIDEBAR TOOLS – MULTIPLE TOOL/WRENCH ASSORTMENTS ARE PERMITTED.

SCORING IS BASED ON:

LOWEST ELAPSED TIME OF PICKING, INCLUDING DISASSEMBLY, DIFFICULTY OF BITTING, AND PIN TYPES. MAXIMUM OF 10 POINTS!

EARN TWO (2) EXTRA POINTS FOR PICKING A LOCK CONTAINING SIX (6) PINS.

EARN ADDITIONAL 5 POINTS IF YOUR LOCK INCLUDES AT LEAST FOUR (4) MUSHROOM DRIVER PINS

THE TWO (2) BEST ENTRIES WILL BE CHOSEN BY THE KEYPICKING MODERATORS AND THE FINAL WINNER CHOSEN BY ALAN @ UKLOCKPICKERS.

1ST PLACE WINNER WILL RECEIVE $200 USD/£100 GBP CREDIT TO PURCHASE ANY ITEM FROM UKLOCKPICKERS.CO.UK WEBSITE!
(woohoo)

ALSO
A
:o SURPRISE GIFT! :o

KOKOMOLOCK HAS GENEROUSLY PROVIDED KEYPICKING WITH A VERY NICE DONATION TO BE GIVEN TO THE 1ST PLACE WINNER!
:shock:

2ND PLACE WINS A CUSTOM MADE
RATYOKE PICK!

(woohoo)
AND YOU ALL KNOW THE BEAUTIFUL WORK THAT RATYOKE IS CAPABLE OF!

GOOD LUCK!

:D
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:40 pm

Re: MEDECO BIAXIAL SPP PICKING CONTEST!

<<

HallisChalmers

Post Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:58 am

Not even one little comment? Hell, I'll even take a sarcastic, snide comment. WTF, over?

Jeez. :cry:

If this is the response I'm going to get, I should bring Smiley & Gutterclown back - and just cancel the damn contest.
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:18 am

I'm definately interested in seeing the competition. Hell, I'd go for it myself except I can't get a medeco for a reasonable price here. Also, my camera has a record time of 90 seconds since I never get a proper memory card for it when I have spare cash. :mrgreen:

If this does go ahead, we should add a rule that the key be inserted and taken back out to make sure the pins are scrambled before picking commences.
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:34 am

HallisChalmers wrote:Not even one little comment? Hell, I'll even take a sarcastic, snide comment. WTF, over?

If this is the response I'm going to get, I should bring Smiley & Gutterclown back - and just cancel the damn contest.

I was going to let someone else post dumb questions, but I'm used to looking dumb, so:
Originals: Why not?
Static: Vertical, or just static?
Raking: What about using a half diamond to rake the pins. It's tough to get them out of the false grooves sometimes.
Advanced tools: Medecoders, or what. I'm using a standard pick, but for clarities sake...
Reassembly: WTF?
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:13 am

ToolyMcgee wrote:I was going to let someone else post dumb questions, but I'm used to looking dumb, so:
Originals: Why not?
Static: Vertical, or just static?
Raking: What about using a half diamond to rake the pins. It's tough to get them out of the false grooves sometimes.
Advanced tools: Medecoders, or what. I'm using a standard pick, but for clarities sake...
Reassembly: WTF?

Originals: Why not? DO YOU MEAN ORIGINAL BI-AXIALS?
Static: Vertical, or just static? VERTICAL AND STATIC ONLY
Raking: What about using a half diamond to rake the pins. It's tough to get them out of the false grooves sometimes. SPP OR RAKING OK
Advanced tools: Medecoders, or what. I'm using a standard pick, but for clarities sake... MEDECODERS PERMITTED
Reassembly: WTF? DELETED REASSEMBLY REQUIREMENT

Any one else with questions or suggestions to make this a better contest? Speak up!
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:25 am

HallisChalmers wrote:Not even one little comment? Hell, I'll even take a sarcastic, snide comment. WTF, over?

:( would love to play... but sadly no videos will be made till im back in texas
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

mentoOsmann

Familiar Face

Post Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:24 am

Are medeco classic locks / cores permitted? I think it's kinda the same mechanism except for some differences like the pin shape.
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:27 am

mentoOsmann wrote:Are medeco classic locks / cores permitted? I think it's kinda the same mechanism except for some differences like the pin shape.

From the outset, I admit I don't know a lot about Medecos - let alone all of the subtleties between the classic and biaxial.

But I'd like to keep the contest simple - in other words, keep it to one specific style of Medeco - and thus keep the playing field level.

For the record, let’s settle on the Biaxial as defined here: http://www.lockwiki.com/index.php/Medeco_Biaxial

Please understand, that I (we) don't want to get into a situation where the mods have to referee arguments between contestants as to why this Medeco is a true biaxial - and that one isn't - due to the pin’s shape, etc.

Secondly, I do not want the contestants to incur significant out-of-pocket costs to acquire a lock for the contest. Again, I would like to keep the playing field level and specify a lock that is commonly available and affordable, either via aftermarket or second-hand sources such as eBay or member-to-member trading, etc.

It would not make sense to buy a new $100 lock to win a $100 prize.

Does my logic make sense? If I'm wrong, tell me. You won't crush my ego. :lol:
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:52 pm

Here is the pickset donated by Kokomolock for the 1st place winner of the Biaxial Contest

A Ken's Blue Peterson Pickset worth $85!

(woohoo)

Thanks Kokomolock!
<<

uklockpicker

The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor
The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor

Post Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:18 am

Great competion and great prizes, very generous of Kokomolock top fella i'd love a set of peterson picks
and as for Ratyoke picks..... :o These have got to be one of the sexyest picks in the buisness (HAHA)

I might not be one of the top pickers, but i may be able to get a few medeco's for the competitors (woohoo) if anybody is strugging to get a vid together, let me know and i will do my best to help you guys out :D
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:19 am

Although I won't be competing in this competition I would like to thank Kokomolock, Uklockpickers and Ratyoke for there generous donations, these contests are always great to follow and watch. The donations really put the competetive pressure on for our skilled members, I have noticed some of you guys really pull some awesome tricks when the prizes are so great!
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:51 pm

If anyone has some Biaxials that they would like to sell, trade, or loan for the contest -
then please post a notice in the Buy, Sell, Trade section.

11 Days to contest time!

HallisChalmers wrote:
Announcement!

• CONTEST BEGINS MIDNIGHT JAN 1, 2010 THRU MIDNIGHT FEB 1, 2010.

• ALL KEYPICKING MEMBERS THAT DISPLAY THEIR LOCATIONS IN THEIR PROFILE ARE ELIGIBLE TO ENTER. IF YOU DON'T CURRENTLY SHOW YOUR LOCATION, GO TO YOUR UCP (USER CONTROL PANEL) AT THE TOP LEFT HAND CORNER OF THE PAGE AND FILL IT IN NOW.

• GOAL: TO STATIC PICK EITHER A MEDECO MODEL 10 BIAXIAL, HIGH SECURITY RIM/MORTISE CYLINDER – OR MODEL 20 KEY-IN-KNOB CYLINDER. (NO M3 OR M3 BI-LEVELS ARE ELIGIBLE) AND POST VIDEO ON YOUTUBE. THE BIAXIAL IS MORE SPECIFICALLY DEFINED AS PER THE LOCKWIKI DEFINITION ON THE FOLLOWING PAGE: http://www.lockwiki.com/index.php/Medeco_Biaxial

• MUST CONTAIN NO LESS THAN FIVE (5) PINS.

• PM HALLISCHALMERS DIRECTLY AND HE WILL ISSUE YOU A SPECIFIC ENTRY NUMBER. NOTE: ONLY ONE ENTRY PER CONTESTANT!

• TITLE YOUR YOUTUBE VIDEO EXACTLY AS FOLLOWS: “KP MEDECO ENTRY #______”

• RECORD YOUR SPP PICKING IN ONE CONTINUOUS SHOT – NO CUTS, FADES, OR PAUSES.

• CLEARLY SHOW YOUR KEY BITTING AGAINST A BLACK BACKGROUND BEFORE COMMENCING.

• TIME COMMENCES WHEN THE PICK ENTERS THE KEYWAY.

• THE LOCK MUST BE STATICALLY PICKED IN THE VERTICAL POSITION AND SECURED IN A VISE, DOOR, OR OTHER SOLID DISPLAY REPLICATING A DOOR.

• YOU MUST GUT THE LOCK AND CLEARLY SHOW INDIVIDUAL KEY AND DRIVER PIN TYPES, ALL WHILE CONTINUOUSLY RECORDING. DO THIS AT END OF VIDEO.

• LOCK MAY BE SPP'D (SINGLE PIN PICKED) OR RAKED.

• COMB PICKS, PICKGUNS, CODE SETTING KEYS, ETC., OR ANY FORM OF DESTRUCTIVE ENTRY IS NOT PERMITTED.

• NO RESTRICTIONS ON PICKS, TENSION WRENCHES, OR MEDECODER SIDEBAR TOOLS – MULTIPLE TOOL/WRENCH ASSORTMENTS ARE PERMITTED.

SCORING IS BASED ON:

LOWEST ELAPSED TIME OF PICKING, INCLUDING DISASSEMBLY, DIFFICULTY OF BITTING, AND PIN TYPES. MAXIMUM OF 10 POINTS!

EARN TWO (2) EXTRA POINTS FOR PICKING A LOCK CONTAINING SIX (6) PINS.

EARN ADDITIONAL 5 POINTS IF YOUR LOCK INCLUDES AT LEAST FOUR (4) MUSHROOM DRIVER PINS

THE TWO (2) BEST ENTRIES WILL BE CHOSEN BY THE KEYPICKING MODERATORS AND THE FINAL WINNER CHOSEN BY ALAN @ UKLOCKPICKERS.

1ST PLACE WINNER WILL RECEIVE $200 USD/£100 GBP CREDIT TO PURCHASE ANY ITEM FROM UKLOCKPICKERS.CO.UK WEBSITE!
(woohoo)

ALSO
A
:o SURPRISE GIFT! :o

KOKOMOLOCK HAS GENEROUSLY PROVIDED KEYPICKING WITH A VERY NICE DONATION TO BE GIVEN TO THE 1ST PLACE WINNER!
:shock:

2ND PLACE WINS A CUSTOM MADE
RATYOKE PICK!

(woohoo)
AND YOU ALL KNOW THE BEAUTIFUL WORK THAT RATYOKE IS CAPABLE OF!

GOOD LUCK!

:D
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:49 am

TIME IS RUNNING OUT!

Contest Ends Soon!

If you intend to enter the Medeco Biaxial SPP Conntest, please do so NOW!

You have a little over 24 Hrs to get your contest entry number, do your vid and post the video on YouTube - and paste the link here:

http://www.keypicking.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2475&start=0
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:31 pm

Bump!
Next

Return to Random Banter