FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

ISEO euro style advice.

<<

bouncer965

Post Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:29 am

ISEO euro style advice.

Ok im trying to spp this lock. i have succeeded once before. The problem im having is i can get it into a false set, but after the false set i find the biting pin with the pick. But unlike a padlock, which tend to have a spring in the mechanism ...the iseo doesnt.

So when i get into the false set and can feel the next pin there is no springiness to assist in the tw being pushed back slightly to set the pin. The only way i can seem to set the pin is by physically turning the tw backwards, which then in turn drops all the other pins. Now maybe, and this is more likely, am i doing it wrong or is there a technique to it that im somehow not engaging the brain to realise it.

In my theory, the pin that is biting should be able to push the tw back to enable it to set .....but its just not happenning for me.

Any advice MORE than welcome :cry: :cry:
[“A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.”.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bouncer965
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:49 am

Re: ISEO euro style advice.

When you find the pin in false set, push it while fighting against the counter rotation. The plug will start to go back the other way, so you lighten up the tension enough to allow it to counter rotate but not so much that it doesn't move. So, push the pin down and keep your tension applied, let it rotate back the other way but fight against it a little so that when it hits 12 o'clock, it'll snap into place. It takes a bit of getting used to, but once you get it a couple of times you're sorted.
<<

barbarian

Post Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:02 am

Another trick to try.

Rotate the tip of your pick a bit to help start turn the plug in the desired direction. Just a little bit. I find if I try to let off the tension, sometimes the plug still won't move.

Seems like the sharp edge of the pin gets stuck.
<<

bouncer965

Post Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:07 am

Solomon wrote:When you find the pin in false set, push it while fighting against the counter rotation. The plug will start to go back the other way, so you lighten up the tension enough to allow it to counter rotate but not so much that it doesn't move. So, push the pin down and keep your tension applied, let it rotate back the other way but fight against it a little so that when it hits 12 o'clock, it'll snap into place. It takes a bit of getting used to, but once you get it a couple of times you're sorted.

I can feel that working a lot better, following that advice. I think i was being too light on the tw for this lock. Plus maybe because its static picking it too. Aint cracked it yet but it aint going to be long ;) ;)

Cheers Solomon your a gent :D

<<

bouncer965

Post Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:29 am

barbarian wrote:Another trick to try.

Rotate the tip of your pick a bit to help start turn the plug in the desired direction. Just a little bit. I find if I try to let off the tension, sometimes the plug still won't move.

Seems like the sharp edge of the pin gets stuck.

Ive noticed that too Barbarian. Was trying to turn it back slightly with the pick but dropped the rest of the pins everytime lol. I'll have it done by tonight ;) ;)

Cheers.

Return to Lock Picking