FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

What have you picked today

<<

greengrowlocks

Familiar Face

Post Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:29 am

Re: What have you picked today

Patrick Star wrote:Any hints for the Emhart?

I spent nearly a week on it and this is what I did and learned during that time.

I removed the brass strip so I could progressively pin the lock.

When your picking it with just a few pins or fully pinned make sure you reinsert the key often and after every picking attempt. I did this for two reasons, first is because when you pull out the key it insures that the pins are rotated within a certain a range (about 90 degrees) making them easier to rotate either fore or aft. The second reason is because after you pick the lock sometimes the pins will stay disconnected. By reinserting the key and turning the plug this makes sure they are all reconnected. I think they're a few fake videos of people picking Emharts with the pins disconnected. Unlike Medeco locks the key pins should never drop until the lock is fully picked and plug rotated.

As for picking I tried to lift and rotate at the same time. This got the pins to the correct height and rotation about 50% of the time. Once all the pins are lifted to shear, the pins that are not correctly rotated will bind heavily. You may need to release a small amount of tension to rotate these binding pins. The pins that are correctly rotated and lifted will have a very specific "loose jiggle" when your rub your pick over the tip of each pin. I think that was the most important thing while picking the Emhart was detecting that loose jiggle of a properly lifted and rotated pin by rubbing my pick over the tip of each key pin.

Also I made a very small half diamond for rotating the low cuts in the rear of the lock. None of the other picks I had could rotate these low cuts comfortably.

Hope that helps, I'll probably do a pick and gut video in the near future.

GGL
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:38 am

Excellent - makes sense to me - pins being a bit of play or loose if not binding... so tackle - tickle binding pins :razz:

good question Patrick .. any hints & glad it was asked as I have not had the pleasure also of the emhart

great picking G

thanks
<<

greengrowlocks

Familiar Face

Post Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:50 am

Just got this Dom ix Saturn picked this morning. The interactive element was the last to bind. Gonna start on the TwinStar next.

Dom iX Saturn

Closeup of key
<<

madsamurai

Post Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:35 pm

Today's project... got my set of Honest Dong Shi dimple picks in the mail yesterday. Sanded, filed and polished up the smallest flags and picked my first dimple lock, an Abus EC75 75/40. Half an hour or so of trial and tweaking, and got it to where it picks pretty easy. Good fun... now I need more dimple locks :)

<<

adi_picker

Familiar Face

Post Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:30 am

Nice picking Samurai, I got one of those baby ABUS dimples in a trade a few months back and I love it, a great size!

Medeco Classic

Its a great feeling, that everytime I come back to pick a Medeco, its a little bit easier than it was the last time. I remember when I first tackled a Medeco, it felt like an insurmountable hurdle, and I was working at it for a week. Eventually though, I got one open, and then another and another and so on. Now when I come back to them, they are more fun than difficult, and the feeling of progress is immense! Like anything, stick at it, and the reward will be fulfilling.

adi_picker
<<

greengrowlocks

Familiar Face

Post Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:16 pm

After a few days of failed attempts I finally got the VERSO picked today. It took some trial and error with the tension tool. The first tool I made out of .018" which snapped under the heavy tension required to get the sliders to bind. The second tool I made this morning was constructed out of .025" and on the second attempt using it the lock opened.

IKON VERSO (12 sliders, 2 sidebars)

Tension Tool & Key
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:06 am

great picking buddy its a bonus when you have made the tools for the job also
<<

greengrowlocks

Familiar Face

Post Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:05 am

Thanks to adi for sending this lock my way! This was my first BiLock I've picked opened successfully. I used a .018" Peterson half diamond and spp'd with light tension.

BiLock
<<

adi_picker

Familiar Face

Post Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:14 am

Greengrow, you da man! Awesome to have you join the club! I have been using the image of that cylinder picked as the cover for my 'Picked' photo album.. Do I have to surrender it to you now? ;)

Lockwood Gen6T 'D1' Profile in an ABUS Rock

Nothing too flashy today, just an inline 6 with a tight profile. First time I haved picked anything from the Gen6T series before though. This series is super popular with Locksmiths down under, would most likely be the most used restricted series of late. Lots of profiles in this series, with different master profiles for different regions, and different sub-profiles for each locksmith. I am yet to see 2 of the same profile!

adi_picker
<<

UnlockD

Familiar Face

Post Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:00 pm

Picked this Dom.. what a fight..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

greengrowlocks

Familiar Face

Post Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:52 am

UnlockD wrote:Picked this Dom.. what a fight..

Great work buddy, I'm curious which DOM model that is? Those funky drivers in 3 and 4 are very interesting. Is there also countermilling?

GGL
<<

Patrick Star

Post Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:19 pm

That's certainly some odd pins. Are they T-pins or something? Like, consists of two parts, one is hollow and the other fits in it?
<<

adi_picker

Familiar Face

Post Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:15 pm

I think your right Patrick, looks like the discs down the bottom fit over the T at the top. Very cool lock, look forward to finding out what it is, I may have to chase one down for myself!

adi_picker
<<

insatiableOne

Familiar Face

Post Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:27 pm

Finally cracked the Mul-t-lock jr.

The one thing I learned, do NOT turn the core all the way around! Unless you feel like pushing the top pins back out of the keyway.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
not illiterate, just tough to overcome auto-correct & type on mobile device
<<

greengrowlocks

Familiar Face

Post Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:31 am

Patrick Star wrote:That's certainly some odd pins. Are they T-pins or something? Like, consists of two parts, one is hollow and the other fits in it?

adi_picker wrote:I think your right Patrick, looks like the discs down the bottom fit over the T at the top. Very cool lock, look forward to finding out what it is, I may have to chase one down for myself!
adi_picker

After some looking around I found that Dom produced at least a couple locks with those drivers, the "DOM S" and "DOM ix5". There could be more locks that came with them but they are not produced anymore.
PreviousNext

Return to Lock Picking