FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

What have you picked today

<<

HT4

Post Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:43 pm

Re: What have you picked today

DroppedTensionWrench wrote:Excellent ideas! These are the kinds of ideas from bright minds that the New England Patriots need to hire on lol! Go Cardinals!

Lol.

Now, to get this thread back on track:

image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Check out my "LockPickingLawyer" YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm9K6rby98W8JigLoZOh6FQ/videos
<<

HT4

Post Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:50 am

Mauer MLS

image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Rockjunkie15

Post Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:37 pm

I'm a newbie picker but I finally lightened up my tension and opened this keyless American 700 I've had laying around.
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:42 pm

RockJunkie congrads. 700 was also my first ever American lock picked.

HT, Mauer, is it a well know good brand company? I seen a few padlocks of their on ebay which looked awesome but I never heard of them.
<<

DroppedTensionWrench

Post Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:10 pm

I think the Squire SS65CS padlocks have Mauer cores.
<<

HT4

Post Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:42 pm

Papa Gleb wrote:RockJunkie congrads. 700 was also my first ever American lock picked.

HT, Mauer, is it a well know good brand company? I seen a few padlocks of their on ebay which looked awesome but I never heard of them.

I have two mauers, and they seem to be well- made. It's a Hungarian company, but it's been owned by Kaba for a while and they seem to have a good reputation.
<<

Shearlock

Familiar Face

Post Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:27 pm

Yes!

While you might laugh at my excitement, I am completely over the moon. This is a ABUS Titalium 80TI/50 and as well, my first Abus ever.

I got this off eBay and received it last night, moments ago on my third attempt I finally cracked it. Absolutely love this lock. Machining is excellent and a wild key bitting. When the shackle popped I all but high fived myself.

Used Sparrows worm for the false set and a Peterson gem for the win. ;) I have a stack of challenging locks sent from the kindness of BosnianBill and Jeff Moss so more coming soon and YouTube videos starting soon.

xeo: One day you're gonna come home and find your wife laying in bed naked with a medeco biaxial locking her chastity belt...
<<

aeporia

Familiar Face

Post Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:21 pm

Shearlock wrote:Yes!

While you might laugh at my excitement, I am completely over the moon. This is a ABUS Titalium 80TI/50 and as well, my first Abus ever.

I got this off eBay and received it last night, moments ago on my third attempt I finally cracked it. Absolutely love this lock. Machining is excellent and a wild key bitting. When the shackle popped I all but high fived myself.

*internet high five* :3

Nice picking.

Something I found after finding success in raking to a false set: (depending on the pinning, security pins, and I find the spring strength) you can rake some of these medium-range ABUSs completely. With slight flicking, some extra force, and some lateral motion + see-sawing with a bogota I’ve gotten past the spools in some of these buggers directly to an open. Works regularly on my standard 83/50 and a 83/45 Mariner.

On similar ABUSs that this didn’t work on I found it was — I think — generally the pinning that made getting it in one go difficult. Where it didn’t fully work I generally still had a very nice false set to just finish off with a hook.

Again, nice work. (:
<<

Shearlock

Familiar Face

Post Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:23 pm

I actually want to focus and improve my SPP skills, so I have no desire to complete rake it.

I only rake to completion if I'm going for speed and only speed. Otherwise I prefer to restrict myself to SPP to push myself and advance my skills. After I master a lock via SPP I'll go back and try raking techniques, just so I know if I can if ever the need for speed arises.

I always say "It's better to SPP and not need to, than to need to SPP and not be able to."

I need to put that on a shirt. :shorthook:
xeo: One day you're gonna come home and find your wife laying in bed naked with a medeco biaxial locking her chastity belt...
<<

HT4

Post Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:05 pm

Papa Gleb is introducing me to nasty MTL drivers. Those spooled inner drivers on 3&5 slot into counter milling in the key pins... A challenging combination.

image.jpg

image.jpg
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:21 am

1 of 3 I opened today :-)
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

Neilau

Post Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:37 am

I know, I know….a crappy old Master combo. Picture proves nothing.

I’m posting it as it is the first one that I decoded using Oldfast’s method (or any method).

OF kindly sent me this lock along with a couple of others – no combination. I usually just shim them but I watched his video on YouTube a couple of times and decided to give it a go.

10 - 15 minutes later I got it.

Posting it, not because it’s a big deal but I am quite chuffed to have actually decoded one and not shimmed it.

PS. sorry if I've lowered the tone of this thread. :D

mas.jpg
Clark's Law (Arthur C)

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
<<

aeporia

Familiar Face

Post Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:29 am

<<

DroppedTensionWrench

Post Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:19 pm

Got my first ASSA. 6 pin 600.
<<

Rockjunkie15

Post Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:57 pm

Started off the day by picking this little challenge lock my wife put together for me.
PreviousNext

Return to Lock Picking