FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

What have you picked today

<<

Turtle0Monkey

Familiar Face

Post Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:32 am

Re: What have you picked today

I picked a Master Lock Locked-out or Loto last night that was sent to me by a fellow picker.

<<

Turtle0Monkey

Familiar Face

Post Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:19 am

A friend from Malaysia sent me a challenge lock made out of a St Guchi - Italy Padlock. I was in for a treat!

<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:37 am

I'm from Italy and have never heard of that St Guchi company.
Looks like it's a Malaysian brand http://www.stguchi.com.my/en/site/home- ... our-brand/
Dunno why it says Italy on the padlock body.

Nice challenge lock, by the way.

Cheers :)
<<

Turtle0Monkey

Familiar Face

Post Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:24 am

femurat wrote:I'm from Italy and have never heard of that St Guchi company.
Looks like it's a Malaysian brand http://www.stguchi.com.my/en/site/home- ... our-brand/
Dunno why it says Italy on the padlock body.

Nice challenge lock, by the way.

Cheers :)

Well that makes since, I got it from a fellow picker from Malaysia. Thank you, definitely learned what a split core feels like now.
<<

Turtle0Monkey

Familiar Face

Post Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:40 am

Took sometime with this small cored Master Lock 931. It was a pain put back together.

<<

Turtle0Monkey

Familiar Face

Post Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:41 am

I picked a Kenuard (Cheap version of a Mul-T-Lock) Lock. It is my first dimple with inner and outer pins though. What do you think?

<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:06 am

6 pin best picked to operating
https://imgur.com/a/jaqIS
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

dontlook

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon May 01, 2017 7:08 am

Late on posting this, last Thursday I got some time picking in while tabling at a conference. Managed to get Master 6835 and ABUS 34/55 ! :D

Was working an American 1100, but my turner still slips :(
<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Tue May 02, 2017 12:54 am

Not bad when I went to take a picture of my Scottsman Duplicator for the other page, there was a best 7 pin core laying on my workbench that has been there for the last 20 months since moving, First lock picked since trying to get back into the sport and hit control not too bad, cant wait for peterson to replace my order.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Turtle0Monkey

Familiar Face

Post Wed May 03, 2017 9:15 am

I received a Master Lock Pro Series 7045 from Jeff Moss and picked it last night on video finally!

<<

adi_picker

Familiar Face

Post Mon May 08, 2017 4:41 am

From the last couple of nights. L to R
Medeco Biaxial KIK - MLAA JB Profile 6 Pin - Yale 6 Pin - ASSA 600/700?

The ASSA Im quite proud of, as after I got it, I picked it easily and when I opened it up I found a whole lot of masters. Wizer sent me some blanks to suit (I had to shave them a little), and so I repinned it with the nastiest bitting I could come up with. Also, I filled it with a mix of 2 and 3 serration, and normal drivers, which worked really really well to foil me, and had me oversetting a lot of pins. MACs be damned, take a close look at the key and try to decipher all 7 cuts! Again, this is another that I would love to get a model on, I believe its a 6 or 700? 7 pins, all standard drivers orignally, but this could have been because of the master system. Another Medeco as well, Im trying to pick 1 or 2 a week to really get a handle on them. I picked CW and set the pins normally, raked them for rotation to put them into any gate, and then used the DCAP lifter to move them into the true gates.

FUN FACT! As you can see above, the profile of the JB spells out 'ML' for the Master Locksmiths Assoc of Aust, who commissioned and sold them. This is the case with the entire 'J' series, including JA, JB, JC, JD, JL & JM, and also the preceeding ML1 profile. If anyone out there has an ML1 with key, like the on in this thread over at LP101, and would like to trade, please PM me, I would love to obtain one.

adi_picker
<<

Patrick Star

Post Mon May 08, 2017 6:22 am

It's definitely custom pinned if they're all standard. The only factory pinned ASSAs I've ever seen without security pins are really old 5 pinners, like the one in my avatar.
I don't recognize the profile from the photo (though the angle is kinda weird, could you post a front shot?) but it's probably a 700 with one of the less common profiles.
Check if the core is counter-milled.

By the way - regarding that "ML" profile... Maybe it's one of the companies that have trademarked their profiles (instead of/in addition to patenting) to control the supply of blanks?
<<

adi_picker

Familiar Face

Post Mon May 08, 2017 7:13 am

Gday Pat,

Heres a shot of the keyway.

I managed to identify it and source some Silca blanks for it, and I think you are correct in that its an uncommon keyway. I would still love to know what it is though.

You are correct with your assumptions about the ML keys as well. They were patented when they came out, and were restricted, only supplied to Members of the Master Locksmiths Assoc of Australia. To obtain them, other than being a member, you also had to buy in lots of 1000 coined blanks, and sign the contracts and such. The MLAA still do this down here in Oz, but have changed up since the patent on the J series above expired. You can see some of thier current restricted offerings here. I have a couple of the latest ones with the 'anti-picking' pin.. Bahahahahahah, what a waste of time, bypassed in seconds :)

adi_picker
<<

Patrick Star

Post Mon May 08, 2017 2:45 pm

I have one with the same profile, and identical exterior, in my collection. Also masterkeyed, though mine has security pins in most (or all... haven't gutted it, but it goes into a false set as soon as it's tensioned and you just touch one of the back pins) chambers.
My guess is that it's a once-restricted profile used for systems.
And yes, it's definitely some variant of the 700, countermilling and all.
<<

adi_picker

Familiar Face

Post Sat May 13, 2017 5:21 pm

Looks like its been a banner day for MTL! A couple of days back I received a parcel, containing amongst others..

A MTL 7x7 housed in a G55P..

And a MT5+!

The MT5 sliders were a bear to pick, definately not a 4 minute video for me like some of the ones I have seen, but an open none the less. I started by trying to pick it CCW, as this bound the top pins first, which I am used to, and I could easily get past them into a deep false set but I couldnt get the tensioning for the sliders correct. I must have picked those top pins 50 times today and then flunked on the sliders, dropping the top stacks back while slacking the tension. About an hour ago I started to try and pick it CW, which bound the sliders first, and I found them much easier to set. Other than them, it feels and acts exactly like an Interactive, although the pins themselves are a litter smaller, so I found I couldnt be as brutish with them. They required a bit more precision to not mash the inner and outer at the same time.

adi_picker
PreviousNext

Return to Lock Picking