FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

What have you picked today

<<

greengrowlocks

Familiar Face

Post Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:49 pm

Re: What have you picked today

This afternoon I received this neat Chain Key lock with curved keyway. Interestingly enough this lock came from a magic shop in the UK. I believe this is a remake of the original HYT chain key lock. The keys in these locks are injected into the keyway and bend around a curve within the keyway preventing straight tools/keys from being inserted. While waiting for this lock to arrive I was thinking of ideas for a pick that would bend side to side but retain vertical rigidity. Turns out that thin .012" feeler gauge picks were able to bend around the curve in the keyway and lift the pins. The first pin after the curve was the hardest to access.

Chain Key Lock

Also got this guy open today. I've been pretty successful raking the 3 and 4 pin cam locks but this 5 pin required an SPP.

Medeco 5 Pin Switch Lock
<<

insatiableOne

Familiar Face

Post Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:29 pm

[quote="greengrowlocks"]This afternoon I received this neat Chain Key lock with curved keyway. Interestingly enough this lock came from a magic shop in the UK. I believe this is a remake of the original HYT chain key lock. The keys in these locks are injected into the keyway and bend around a curve within the keyway preventing straight tools/keys from being inserted. While waiting for this lock to arrive I was thinking of ideas for a pick that would bend side to side but retain vertical rigidity. Turns out that thin .012" feeler gauge picks were able to bend around the curve in the keyway and lift the pins. The first pin after the curve was the hardest to access.

Chain Key Lock

Also got this guy open today. I've been pretty successful raking the 3 and 4 pin cam locks but this 5 pin required an SPP.

Wow, your lock allowance must be substantial! you open some really neat stuff on a consistent basis.
Great job! Some inspiration for us all.
not illiterate, just tough to overcome auto-correct & type on mobile device
<<

greengrowlocks

Familiar Face

Post Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:52 pm

insatiableOne wrote: Wow, your lock allowance must be substantial! you open some really neat stuff on a consistent basis.
Great job! Some inspiration for us all.

Thanks man, I keep a long list of locks I'm hunting for but I'm probably gonna slow down a bit on buying new stuff and start focusing on tool making for the locks I can't open with standard picks.
<<

adi_picker

Familiar Face

Post Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:33 am

Vanlock

Had to cheat a little here due to not having a wishbone tension wrench, so I tensioned via the giant cam you see attached. Have a wishbone on the way, so will revisit when it arrives. Can confirm both drivers and keypins in these locks are lightly serrated to cause them to bind at the shear line. If anyone wants to know how to take one apart, let me know, and Ill try and do a post on it.

adi_picker
<<

adi_picker

Familiar Face

Post Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:16 am

Vanlock II

Vanlock vending style barrel lock, picked by tensioning with a wishbone inserted into a couple of the deeper pin holes. The wishbone wrench I used was a HPC STW-3. Can recommend as very good value, I paid around $5 AUD!

adi_picker
<<

adi_picker

Familiar Face

Post Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:13 am

ABUS 83/55 Rock w/ MLAA JB Core

Another simple one, a restricted MLAA J Series core. Now succeeded in popularity by the Lockwood Gen6 Series, this was once the most ubiquitous restricted series in Australia, circa the 90's. The second restricted series for the MLAA, right after their first original 'ML1' profile. Fun fact that has been mentioned a few times before, all of the profiles in the J series are fashioned into the letters 'ML' for the MLAA. Take a good look at the core and you will see it in reverse. The J series includes JA, JB, JC, JD and the maison profile, JM.

adi_picker
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:38 pm

nice work as always! not sure if I asked before, but do you have blanks for the SOC keyway? I've got a padlock here with no keys.
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

adi_picker

Familiar Face

Post Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:40 am

Sorry Jeff,

SOC was part of the factory restricted branch of the Status 6 system. IIRC all of the 3 letter keyways were, so the blanks were never 'supposed' to leave Lockwoods keying dept. I dont have a full listing of all the profiles, but here is a list of Status 6 profiles I have confirmed. LP, LPQ, LPQST, LQ, LS, LST, LT, LP, LW, OP, OPT, OQ, OQS, OS, OT, PLC, PQ, PT, QLC, QPC, SLC, SOC, SPC, ST, TLC and TSC. Of that list, I have found 2 different blanks, one of which is a three letter ;) I have also found that the profiles are generally close enough to one another that a trim with a mill will make one key fit another plug most of the time.

adi_pickerb
<<

adi_picker

Familiar Face

Post Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:11 am

American 1205 and LSDA Padlock

A big thanks to InsatiableOne for sending these down to me in a trade :) I've been meaning to get a 1205 for a while, so getting it in trade made my day!

adi_picker
<<

insatiableOne

Familiar Face

Post Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:09 pm

adi_picker wrote:American 1205 and LSDA Padlock

A big thanks to InsatiableOne for sending these down to me in a trade :) I've been meaning to get a 1205 for a while, so getting it in trade made my day!

adi_picker

Did they at least give you a struggle? I know you pick some really tuff locks.
Congrats on a few more slayed!
not illiterate, just tough to overcome auto-correct & type on mobile device
<<

adi_picker

Familiar Face

Post Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:52 am

Thanks Insatiable! Both the LSDA and American had some fight in them, Americans definitely always do!

MTL Jnr

Another lock thanks to InsatiableOne, thanks a bunch man :)

adi_picker
<<

vde

Familiar Face

Post Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:30 pm

This thing here!
Does anyone know how to make a key for it? Rather how to measure the gates?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Have fun with my channel - VDE on YouTube
<<

adi_picker

Familiar Face

Post Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:36 am

Nice work on the Ingersoll vde, and what a lock to find in the gutter! All I've ever found is empties!

Lockwood 334 w/ Generation 6 B13 core

Continuing with the Generation 6 series, another lock that I picked up today. Another super tight keyway, had to lever from the topmost ward. Full of skinny spools, much easier than oversetting with standards.

adi_picker
<<

safecracker33

Familiar Face

Post Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:29 am

Nice greengrowlocks, can you tell us which magic shop you got that chain lock from please, I know several people including myself that have been trying to source some of these to play with.
Cheers.
<<

madsamurai

Post Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:47 pm

My first Mul-T-Lock! Not sure what the exact model is (Classic?), bought it used. 5x pin-in-pin; 3 standard keypins with standard drivers, 2 mushroom keypins with spool drivers (sorry, forgot to take pictures before I put it back together). Took about 15 minutes, which frankly is a lot faster than I expected. I'm all giggly... :D
PreviousNext

Return to Lock Picking