FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

What have you picked today

<<

Hoarder

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:38 pm

Re: What have you picked today

I REALLY gotta put handles on my picks... This lock wasn't bad as it has a wide open keyway. Nasty pinning, but wide open access.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Barracuda559

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:57 pm

Hoarder wrote:I REALLY gotta put handles on my picks... This lock wasn't bad as it has a wide open keyway. Nasty pinning, but wide open access.

If you want really easy and cheap handles you should try this. May not be the prettiest but the rubber gives just enough comfort and grip without killing the feed back from the pins.
20150504_142952.jpg
20150504_131213.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Barracuda559

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:09 am

Today was a good! After warming up on a couple cheapo locks I picked a gold 1100 twice, repinned to get a better false set out of it, and picked again. Then I went a head and picked my 5200 and a red 1100. All SPP'd and quicker than usual for me. I guess practice does pay off!
20210103_213812.jpg
<<

Hoarder

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:54 pm

Nice! I like those style Americans. Every time I go to buy one on epay, though, I find some unusual lock instead or another 341 no key.

For handles, I think I'll try dipping them in liquid electrical tape. A friend at work painted the bare metal handles of a pair of channelocks two years ago with that stuff and it's held up to a hoard of harsh chemicals and abuse.
<<

Hoarder

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:30 pm

I had a Sargent and Greenleaf Union Pacific Railroad lock come in over the weekend and while in Orange Beach bought an identical lock at an antique store from the Amtrak line. Picked both with a pocket screwdriver. I did cheat though as the UPRR has 02 on top and I guessed it was a 102 key. Looked at pictures and it was indeed. The Amtrak lock was the same key. Now to find a couple keys on epay.
<<

Derpster

Post Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:46 am

I bought an American Lock 5100 off ebay and only picked it once. I was unsure if i forgot to lock it or really picked it. I and was having issues with my pick, so I made a new pick. A skinnier deep hook with a Gem tip in .018. I picked it tonight 3 times back to back to back easily and I believe without a false set because i never got any counter rotation.

Im not sure what I like better, making picks or picking them!

Thanks!
<<

Hoarder

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:33 pm

I gotta say BOTH. It's awesome to make a pick that works on a lock, then you find a same lock it doesn't work on. In my case the Abloy 341 classic. Then you make a new pick and it works. Then you find the same lock again and it doesn't work... so you try a stronger method and it WORKS! Making the tool by hand, getting the technique, and opening a lock are all goosebumps worthy.

I was spying some Lockport locks on epay, but gotta wait as I bought another anvil. Locks are everyday available here, but anvils are once a year treasures.
<<

Hoarder

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:05 am

Dug out an old five pin Tell handle and picked. The liquid electrical tape is still soft, but stayed.
<<

Hoarder

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:57 am

I lucked up at work by asking maintenance if they had any locks. I came home with one Yale style and two Schlage style handles. I had to put my wiper pick to the belt grinder and thin it, but opened the Yale and a Schlage. Tossed the handles, kept the locks, and saved $$$ on Lockport. It's nice to have a hobby where you can often get free stuff :hbg:
<<

Hoarder

Familiar Face

Post Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:18 pm

Hours of aggravation, broken pick, and two new tension wrench shapes from this one. The lock did not turn clockwise in the handle. Pin two was first binder, then one, then no binders! Then tried counterclockwise and viola! Pin two, one, four, five, three and open. Soon, I’ll learn to try the simple solutions first.
<<

Hoarder

Familiar Face

Post Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:12 pm

Hit a jackpot at the antique store. Should stay busy for a while. This cool Master deadbolt didn't put up much fight. Pins 2-3-4 were same. Think I'll leave the core in the housing for now. I like the aged look. And a Brinks deadbolt.
<<

Hoarder

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:44 pm

6 LDSA deadbolts. Either I'm getting better, or the locks are getting worse... OK, these are bad locks. Actual picking time was about 4 minutes for the 6 locks. Single pin picking as usual.
<<

Hoarder

Familiar Face

Post Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:01 pm

The last of the antique store locks. The Brinks on the right netted me a broken wiper pick and sore fingers. It definitely held it's ground VS an amateur like myself.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:52 pm

had to pick this last week to rekey it.
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

Hoarder

Familiar Face

Post Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:43 pm

I got an American 1305 open with a wiper blade. 4 serrated spools, 1 serrated pin - 3 serrated key pins and 2 standard. I've opened the "real" picks and will try the rest. Just had to prove it could be opened with a windshield wiper.
PreviousNext

Return to Lock Picking