FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

What have you picked today

<<

HT4

Post Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:55 am

Re: What have you picked today

Papa Gleb wrote:Got this baby from HT. Feels well made and love the thick key. Picks pretty easy tho. This is my first dimple lock that isnt an MTL so high modding is ahead for this one.

Nice job. I found the warding a little tricky, but you're right... Not that hard. That said, I thought it was pretty impressive for a Turkish lock. I assumed that you had picked lots of dimple locks from the fact that you were picking mul t locks. I'll have to send you some more.
Check out my "LockPickingLawyer" YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm9K6rby98W8JigLoZOh6FQ/videos
<<

HT4

Post Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:40 pm

My first Ruko... A flexcore. Not too bad.

image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:20 pm

Sweet. Regardless what type if it says Ruko on it and you picked it, it's an accomplishment.

My first ever dimple was an Abus I got from MacGnG which was a let down cause it was too easy then I started to pick MTLs and found the classic too easy. As you already know the interactive kicked my butt for a while but only because I didn't understand the interactive element so they too are easy now. This lock feels great and well made which is a surprise. I have a dimple from Spain which is coming your way along with some others.
<<

l0ckcr4ck3r

Familiar Face

Post Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:21 pm

GRet work on the Ruko HT... and nice work on the yale PG!
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:16 pm

Haha I was waiting for that Phil. Its a Kale not Yale lol. I think they copied the name Yale but realized they needed to make a change to replaced Y w. K lol. Thanks tho
<<

UnlockD

Familiar Face

Post Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:29 pm

Corbin with a funky keyway
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

HT4

Post Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:45 pm

Papa Gleb wrote:Sweet. Regardless what type if it says Ruko on it and you picked it, it's an accomplishment.

My first ever dimple was an Abus I got from MacGnG which was a let down cause it was too easy then I started to pick MTLs and found the classic too easy. As you already know the interactive kicked my butt for a while but only because I didn't understand the interactive element so they too are easy now. This lock feels great and well made which is a surprise. I have a dimple from Spain which is coming your way along with some others.

My first dimple was also an Abus... a D6 that I got from Rerun12. I've been on a dimple binge since then, and have been working on a few that are a little shy. The funny

Spanish dimples? :D Thanks. I'm cleaning up some old Sargent Kesos... I'll put one in the "to papa gleb" ziplock bag for eventual mailing. That should give you a little challenge.
<<

HT4

Post Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:48 pm

Papa Gleb wrote:Haha I was waiting for that Phil. Its a Kale not Yale lol. I think they copied the name Yale but realized they needed to make a change to replaced Y w. K lol. Thanks tho

That's what I thought at first, then I looked up how to pronounce it before I shot my video and learned a bit more. The full company name is "Kale Kilit" which is pronounced Ka-Lay Kill-eat. According to google translate, it means "Castle Lock" in Turkish.
<<

farmall

Familiar Face

Post Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:58 am

Not a big deal to you more seasoned guys, but I finally got this one open. It was filthy as it could be all gunked up and full of dirt. And my first AMERICAN picked open.Image
macgng; it's completely unnecessary to have ~15$ in keys for a 50¢ lock ... but we all do it anyway :P
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:35 am

Got this nice U-CHANGE and couldn't resist the urge to pick it. Thanks macgng :mrgreen:
I was not sure I could pick it because it was the first time I had one in my hands, but I succeeded.
If you don't know how this lock works, this may be the excuse to look into it.

Cheers :)
<<

farmall

Familiar Face

Post Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:37 am

Nice pick.....I live only 65 miles west of OKC and I've yet to find a U-CHANGE lock.

femurat wrote:Image

Got this nice U-CHANGE and couldn't resist the urge to pick it. Thanks macgng :mrgreen:
I was not sure I could pick it because it was the first time I had one in my hands, but I succeeded.
If you don't know how this lock works, this may be the excuse to look into it.

Cheers :)
macgng; it's completely unnecessary to have ~15$ in keys for a 50¢ lock ... but we all do it anyway :P
<<

LockButcher

Familiar Face

Post Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:30 pm

An old Yale Vulcan 5 lever. I wasn't sure if my pancake tool would work on it because the keyway has a little zig zag. But it worked fine:D

20151004_210520.jpg

20151004_210612.jpg
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:16 pm

pmaxey83 wrote:I just buy empty cores and swap them out between lock bodies. It also helps to buy a few pin kits for "gut shots". That way you can make some "wild bitting" in your pinning tray.

Sometimes i just break a key off in the keyway and color the broken end in with sharpie so you can't see it.

Just a few tips.

Shh! You are giving away my secrets!

:lol:

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:10 am

When I started picking, I ran across 4 Assa Ruko 2 padlocks on ebay for $40 each but being stupid & because I had just purchased locks a few minutes ago, I decided to let this sit till the morning. Checked it in an hour and all 4 were gone. Since that day I can not forget what I stupidly missed out on so when I saw this, I hit buy now right away without even reading what it was lol. Lucky for me its a Zeiss Ikon Assa Abloy padlock in excellent condition. I ended up paying $25 shipped which I think is a steal. Now my only problem is finding a blank. The Butcher found it in the international Ilco catalog but I dont think I have access to that so if anyone can help me please let me know.

Oh and check out those weird master wafers. Why do they have a hole in the middle?
<<

Neilau

Post Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:15 pm

Well done PG.

Know what you mean "lucky for me.....".

I picked up a number 2 (Ruko !!!) a while back but it has a V10 in it. Can get the pins (I think) but the side bar... :soldier:

One day...... :D
Clark's Law (Arthur C)

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
PreviousNext

Return to Lock Picking