FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

What have you picked today

<<

Status6

Familiar Face

Post Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:55 pm

Re: What have you picked today

vde wrote:
Status6 wrote:VingCard :hammering:

@Status6 WOW I am truly impressed, I have not managed mine. What pick/s did you use?

Blue Gem and peterson pry bar :shorthook: :prybar:

STILL trying to get pre cut keys for it :crazy:
<<

vde

Familiar Face

Post Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:02 pm

DroppedTensionWrench wrote:
Nice those TE5 are a good challenge.

It definitely is. :)
Vid is also online https://youtu.be/UDSFptZM-h4
Have fun with my channel - VDE on YouTube
<<

tpark

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue May 03, 2016 10:29 pm

Nothing too exciting today, but my lot of locks from eBay came in! Many of the locks were junk - either broken, or old, warded locks, but there were some good ones in there. The Best padlock was in good condition - I picked it to control, and took the core out. I'm going to decode it, since identifying information has been ground off of the lock, and I'm curious to see how it was pinned up. The American padlocks (two of them) were in good condition, but it appears as though insects had made their home in them, and had some corrosion. The yale appears to be broken, the pins don't spring back, I'm going to see if I can get it apart, but I think it might be a lost cause. There were many master locks which I opened, except one which I couldn't get any binding on, I think that one is siezed up - maybe some penetrating oil will get it going, but I don't know if I'm going to make that kind of effort.
best_sfic_picked.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Patrick Star

Post Mon May 09, 2016 4:47 pm

Lock I pinned myself - 3x spool 3x serrated 1x vanilla pins.
Just so someone doesn't make the mistake of thinking I'm actually good at this, let me point out that I'd be utterly helpless if I didn't know what's in there (although by now I've re-pinned that lock so many times I wasn't sure where everything was when I started picking it with the current pinning :)).
<<

tpark

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri May 13, 2016 11:08 pm

I picked this good cognac, and this blue Master LOTO lock. This lock has a special "safety only" keyway, but it's not to hard to get at the pins.
I decoded the Best lock (earlier in this thread) and it was a 6 pin master keyed "G" keyway - I punched out a control key and two keys for it.
pickedtoday.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Patrick Star

Post Sun May 22, 2016 1:49 pm

Biltema 7 pin... got it yesterday after seeing bosnianbill pick one and figured it'd be a nice challenge. Haven't gutted it to confirm they're pinned the same but certainly pretty tricky security pins regardless, at least by my standards.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sun May 22, 2016 4:58 pm

Remember my first Bitlema. Decent pick. Better than a lot of locks here in the United States, but certainly not up to the ASSA standard on which the Bitlema is based.

Good work!

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Malekal

Familiar Face

Post Tue May 24, 2016 1:42 pm

Finally!

Malekal: I guess I'll try... I thought you had to go light
xeo: you do whatever the lock wants
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Tue May 24, 2016 1:53 pm

Those Waterbury padlocks have really tiny, delicate pins. They can be a real bear to impression - you need to balance between using enough tension to leave a visible mark from tiny, closely spaced pins and not using too much tension and damaging the pins.

Good job picking it!

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

RJ Robert James

Familiar Face

Post Tue May 24, 2016 3:45 pm

I've been working on this Trioving for a while. Finally got him open, NO MASTER WAFERS!

Paracentric keyway for Trioving
<<

Malekal

Familiar Face

Post Tue May 24, 2016 6:48 pm

GWiens2001 wrote:Those Waterbury padlocks have really tiny, delicate pins. They can be a real bear to impression - you need to balance between using enough tension to leave a visible mark from tiny, closely spaced pins and not using too much tension and damaging the pins.

Good job picking it!

Gordon

Already have a key :) but first time picking it! as you say, that keyway is tiny and the long pins rest so low its hard to pick!
<<

DroppedTensionWrench

Post Tue May 24, 2016 10:49 pm

RJ Robert James wrote:I've been working on this Trioving for a while. Finally got him open, NO MASTER WAFERS!

Paracentric keyway for Trioving

Nice! Those trampoline pins make for a good challenge.
<<

mrdeus

Familiar Face

Post Wed May 25, 2016 6:26 am

Patrick Star wrote:Biltema 7 pin... got it yesterday after seeing bosnianbill pick one and figured it'd be a nice challenge. Haven't gutted it to confirm they're pinned the same but certainly pretty tricky security pins regardless, at least by my standards.

I got one that looks just like it, but at Jula. I haven't gutted it, but I don't think there were any security pins in the one I got (a Heardhead or something like that). Easy to rake. Once the innermost pin is set (on mine) you can just wiggle the pick a bit and it opens. And I even selected the one with decent looking bitting. I guess I should have gone to Biltema instead.
<<

Patrick Star

Post Wed May 25, 2016 12:22 pm

mrdeus wrote:I got one that looks just like it, but at Jula. I haven't gutted it, but I don't think there were any security pins in the one I got (a Heardhead or something like that). Easy to rake. Once the innermost pin is set (on mine) you can just wiggle the pick a bit and it opens. And I even selected the one with decent looking bitting. I guess I should have gone to Biltema instead.

Biltema's lock is approved SBSC Klass 3 which is as high as the Swedish standard for locks goes when it comes to manipulation resistance (there's a "Klass 4" as well but that's only additional resistance against physical attack), so at the very least you shouldn't be able to rake it :-). SBSC are idiots but even they should be able to try that...
The profile is very common so you can find lots and lots of locks that looks like it with very different internals and quality.

Just avoid Biltema's el cheapo padlocks if you want something that doesn't open immediately :-)
<<

Malekal

Familiar Face

Post Fri May 27, 2016 7:43 pm

Texas Jim CL 5pin Y1 keyway!

and

Corbin Russwin LFIC Op CCW
PreviousNext

Return to Lock Picking