FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

klom or rytan?

<<

Jc2intelligent

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:46 am

Re: klom or rytan?

m0ose wrote:
Jc2intelligent wrote:
m0ose wrote:
Jc2intelligent wrote:
m0ose wrote:Well, as anyone who has seen my most recent video, I'm not a huge Klom fan, but that only being because of my recent use of spring steel HPCs. If you don't know the difference and don't care, then the cheaper the better. It's the most I can really say.

mmm. oh, by the way. a tip of advice for city rakes....you shouldn't pull hard on them. even though you weren't pulling hard...it was a little too hard. city rakes are very brittle,and they will break eventually. so don't give up on klom yet.

Not giving up on them, I just don't like the thickness of some of them and stainless isn't my cup of tea.

oh. stainless tends to bend sometimes. but spring steel won't bend....it'll snap. and the thickness variations i guess comes from the fact that they're meant for professionals that need to open yale,best,master,schlage,kwikset,arrow,ect. types of locks. since padlocks and door locks always have different thicknesses.

Honestly, the Klom set is good, but once you start using them the thickness really does get in the way a lot more than you would expect. Hell, my shitty Foley-Belsaw picks had more versatility per tool than the Kloms do. It doesn't mean Kloms are bad, but it's so weird to come from using two tools for everything and then move up to 20+ only to find out some of the 20+ are even harder to use and not as good as the cheap tools.

Still, like I say, for the price, you can't go wrong.

if it's th thickness,then you can easily file the thickness down to your liking right?and just use sandpaper to make it smooth again.
no matter how good you are there is still room for improvement. if you keep working you will be the best there ever will be. Banned For Persistently Annoying Others After Continually Being Warned. --- Learn From His MistakeImage
<<

m0ose

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:39 pm

Re: klom or rytan?

Jc2intelligent wrote:if it's th thickness,then you can easily file the thickness down to your liking right?and just use sandpaper to make it smooth again.

Sure, I could. I have files and I could find sand paper, but a lot of it with me is even though I say this, I still use them daily. It's not so much of a problem as a difference. Plus, I'd rather not risk hurting them.

We'll see though.
Previous

Return to Lock Picking