FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

ameriCAN

<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:16 am

Re: ameriCAN

rai wrote:Hey oldfast,

Someone just gave me an ACE hardware, 8 bucks, 40mm china laminated padlock. this thing has counter tension from the locking dogs and its strong.

I picked it, it required very strong tension, and my impression was that it had three spool pins and though I havent put a light in the keyway and squinted down there with a probe, I have a strong impression that it has serrated pins too.

this thing is like picking an american.

let me know if you get hold of one of these and find this is the case.

I have rekeyed those before and you are correct. They have serrated pins and spools. I held the cylinder up next to an American and could not tell the difference.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:50 pm

Re: ameriCAN

Never had one of their laminated ones... so that's good to know. Interesting really.
The few I have are the self-contained brass ones - spools & standard in those I think.

edit: I once came across a laminated Master (#5 I think) that I swear had serrated pins in it!
I was very surprised and picked it a couple times paying closer attention to it. Anyways, I probably
would have killed it just to confirm what I felt, but it wasn't mine. Interesting anyway.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
Previous

Return to Lock Picking