FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Commando Lock

<<

mbpick34

Familiar Face

Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:00 pm

Commando Lock

Some fun picking, same models seems to use different securtiy pins (juding by feedback) and plug friction.

<<

COMMANDOLOCKUSA

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:05 am

Re: Commando Lock

I'm glad you like your Commando Locks! We hope they properly challenged your picking abilities. In reference to your supposition about the security pins, you are correct. We do install a healthy mix of security pins in every cylinder. We're proud of our first generation of bump proof, pick resistant cylinders. The tolerances are tighter than the industry standard for more precise fits between components. We engineered a positive locking feel between the shackle and the mechanism for numerous reasons including our intent to require more tensioning skill while picking. Our 2013 second generation cylinders promise to be more challenging still.

Thank you for your feedback--as padlock engineers, we are listening and interested in constant improvement.

Patrick Smith
Commando Lock
<<

Aedalas

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:39 am

So basically your business model is take everything that makes Masterlock what it is then do the exact opposite. Damn good idea imo. Never heard of you guys before, but I think I like you. I also like your stance on people picking your locks, you guys are alright.

So uhh, pick resistant eh? Have any samples so I could test that out? :P
"What if you people made giant boulders illegal because of all the innocent people who get killed by giant boulders?"
"People dont kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:30 am

its not the first company to come on here to be tested... but you seem extreamly open about the fact that you expect us to pick your locks (weve had a few idiots say we would not be able to pick them)... nice to see companies interested in the security of their products... quality matters...

stupid masterlock... bump proof my ass
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:15 pm

Do these locks have ball bearing locking mechanism? And what keyway do they use? I am interested in selling these as an alternative to Master. Interested in info!
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:31 pm

I would be interested in trying one of these locks out as well!
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

mech

Familiar Face

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:36 pm

send one to the UK for me to pick, look very nice.
http://www.youtube.com/duction
www.Lockpick.co
<<

nozza36

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:06 pm

Well done mb . those do look very similar to master locks , but if the makers are cool enough to jump on board , they must be at least a bit better !
I want to try one !
Commando chaps ! send me one for a free evaluation ! can return it in 30 days or so !
Open Sez Me !
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:50 pm

Kudos to you Patrick! It is refreshing to see a company with an enlightened attitude to security engineering and its testing. :hbg:
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:56 pm

Alright, lets give the guy some slack and stop trying to hit up the manufacturer for some free samples.
<<

uklockpicker

The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor
The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:12 am

Looks like you had some fun with them :smile: :hbg:
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:12 am

I just posted this on lp101 and now I post it here too for who doesn't go there for a reason or another... enjoy :)

The package arrived yesterday and I was pretty excited, I've been impatient to try these new locks everybody was talking about lately.
First of all let me thanks Patrick for his kindness, it's not easy to find such a nice attitude towards us hobby picker.
It was evening when I managed to open the package, and I was on my sofa after a very busy day.
I quickly read the letter Patrick included in the package wishing me happy picking, and then opened up one brand new PEACEMAKER 44BC padlock.

The padlock feels solid in my hands. The key operates it smoothly, there's no return spring that pushes the key back while you try to open it, I like it.
To pick it blind I avoided to look at the key bittings.

I grabbed my favorite half diamond and a wrench and started playing. After more than five minutes I realized it was not an easy lock.
So I looked for a perfect fit wrench to maximize tension control and started again. I had to concentrate to get a false set, and then to look for the right pin to push to get a few degrees more and more and more. After a few minutes, dunno if five or ten, the plug turned and I was satisfied.

Looking at this padlock I'd compare it to a masterlock magnum, except for the shackle that it's clearly weaker. I would have bought the boron shackle version but it was not available when I bought it. I think the shackle is the weak point of this padlock.
I'm not a bumping expert, so I'll let somebody else talk about this.
The lock is ten times stronger than a masterlock against picking. I hate to say so, but there's no need to improve its pick resistance.
Since this was the first time I had it in my hands I can't tell if it's more or less difficult to pick than an american 5200 with all serrated drivers, one of my favorite padlocks.
I still have another padlock in the envelope. I'll play with this for some time and then try to pick the other one to get a realistic impression on how it compares to an american 5200.

I had a good time, thanks Patrick for the extra padlock. Thanks atticRR for showing the inside of this padlock, you made me want one!

Cheers :)
<<

dicey

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:46 pm

Very interesting review with detailed information!

I think I am also going order some :)
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:52 pm

LocksmithArmy wrote:its not the first company to come on here to be tested... but you seem extreamly open about the fact that you expect us to pick your locks (weve had a few idiots say we would not be able to pick them)... nice to see companies interested in the security of their products... quality matters...

stupid masterlock... bump proof my ass

agree +1
it's about time lockmakers took off the blinders and realized that picking is no longer a secret as it was 20 yrs ago....the information age is here,and its time the words "high security" become definite and true,
not just a phrase to con unwitting consumers out of their hard-earned monies .
well done,commandolocks.
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

s1deshowmick

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:50 am

piotr wrote:Kudos to you Patrick! It is refreshing to see a company with an enlightened attitude to security engineering and its testing. :hbg:

Yes indeed instead of threats to sue, and down right Bullsh!t.
I would also like to try out these products but am unable to find any shipping details, or more importantly international Shipping details from the website. is it there and it's staring me in the face, or it is missing from the website and the voices in my head are real?
If you can't be good, Be good at it.

http://au.youtube.com/S1DESHOWMICK
Next

Return to Lock Picking