FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Medeco Code Keys- (Generations 2 & 3 all 20 keys are cut)

<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Fri May 10, 2013 10:44 am

Re: Medeco Code Keys- (Generations 2 & 3 all 20 keys are cut

Some brass milled code keys 0.30 :cool: milling vice...worked great :D and an idea of how to use these key blades !

I Hope you dont mind me adding these mrPharmer ... great topic buddy !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

escher7

Post Fri May 10, 2013 3:44 pm

10ringo10:
Where did you get the brass stock? I have been looking and can't find a small order company that is inexpensive.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Fri May 10, 2013 4:14 pm

Scrap metal merchants buddy !

most of my metal comes from there and is great for picking up other items of interest... im like a kid in a sweet shop on every visit
<<

barbarian

Post Fri May 10, 2013 9:37 pm

escher7 wrote:Barbarian:. Sorry to be so thick. I think I have it now. On a six pin key, the variable pins 1+2 are normal 20 degree or centre cuts. The other 4 have a combination of normal 20 degree and 10 degree cuts.

For Generation two keys that is correct.

Compare a generation two and the replacement generation three key.

Gen two Key A = Q-D / B-S / KB-S / Q-DM / K-DS / QB-M
Gen three Key 1 = Q-DS / B-S / KB-DS / Q-DM / K-DS / QB-M

The generation three key has a 10 degree cut in space 1 AFT (DS rather than D) and 3 AFT (DS rather than S). This would work fine on a Medeco generation two lock as well. It also tells me Medeco allowed cuts in those spaces for generation three that were not allowed in generation two. Specifically they allowed a right 20 degree cut in space 1 AFT and a center AFT cut in space three. So Mr. Tobias had to alter the bumpkeys to allow them to set the sidebar on those newly allowed angles.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sat May 11, 2013 10:15 am

L@@king on ebay today under brass strips you can buy 3 at 305 mm x 25 mm wide x 0.8 mm thick this is 0.031"...more than you need for all the medeco code keys for £7.49 this includes p+p !!
Last edited by 10ringo10 on Sat May 11, 2013 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

escher7

Post Sat May 11, 2013 10:21 am

10ringo10 wrote:L@@king on ebay today under brass strips you can buy 3 x 25 mm wide x 0.8 mm thick this is 0.031..."more than you need for all the medeco code keys for £ 7.49 !!

Good deal, but shipping to Canada $28. Guess I will have to find a local source.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sat May 11, 2013 10:39 am

escher7 wrote:
10ringo10 wrote:L@@king on ebay today under brass strips you can buy 3 x 25 mm wide x 0.8 mm thick this is 0.031..."more than you need for all the medeco code keys for £ 7.49 !!

Good deal, but shipping to Canada $28. Guess I will have to find a local source.

well thats day light robbery... have a look in model and art/crafts shops they should sell this !

£5.00 TO CANADA SHIPPED ON UK EBAY :bs:
<<

houdini1

Familiar Face

Post Mon May 13, 2013 12:30 pm

thx ever so much for your help barbarian
<<

escher7

Post Mon May 13, 2013 2:07 pm

10ringo10 wrote:
escher7 wrote:

well thats day light robbery... have a look in model and art/crafts shops they should sell this !

£5.00 TO CANADA SHIPPED ON UK EBAY :bs:

Barbarian put me onto a metal company that unknown to me has an office right here in Winnipeg. They don't offer brass sheet but if I find no alternative I will ask them to get some. What I really would like is brass safety deposit keys that match the ones Tobias recommends, (I think it's Ilco 1095A) the problem being that the copies I have found are all nickel silver which is harder. Mind you, since I don't have a key machine I will be filing them so they shouldn't be too bad. The real difficulty is in thinning them from 60 thou. to around 31 thou. Anyone know where to get that blank in brass? (The pictures I have seen seem to show brass.)

Dumb Follow Up:

It dawned on me today that when I used to make knives I used brass spacers and sure enough - there in the box was a brass strip exactly the right dimensions! I am one of those guys that has so much stuff, especially tools etc. that I go and buy a new one when I have two in the drawer.
Last edited by escher7 on Thu May 16, 2013 4:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
<<

armeniki

Post Thu May 16, 2013 3:52 am

barbarian wrote:
monkeypick wrote:I hope everyone will forgive a dumb question concerning code setting keys. Is there a difference in the code keys for 5 and 6 pin locks. It seems as though the Tobias set (four keys) may only be for 5 pin locks. Is the difference that the Gen 3 locks are 6 pin and the 16 key set must be cut.

Thanks for taking the time to set me straight.

Not a dumb question..

They are for 6 pin locks. According to Mr. Tobias the keys will also work on the 5 pin locks if they can be inserted all the way into the shoulder. Or I suppose you could trim the keys to a shorter length.

The reason why more keys are required for the newer locks is because the Medeco company allowed additional combinations of angles in certain positions. So for example a certain pin position may have only allowed a Left or Center cut, would now be allowed to have a Right cut. This gave them about 2500 more key combinations and meant that a 10 degree left cut that would work on the left or center pin rotation, would not work on the right pin rotation.

:D

Hi Barbarian and everyone else!

Long time reader and just joined yesterday.

Thought I'd put a question out there for you.

I've got a similar question to what 'moneypick' asked which is if I wanted these code setting keys to work with a 4-pin biaxial, do I just utilise the first 4 double-cuts?

I'm presuming it should be ok? I'll give it a go anyways... just waiting for my blanks to arrive in the post!

Cheers from Sydney!
Armen
<<

Ron774

Post Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:13 pm

Do you sell the bump keys, either the 4 to the kingdom or the 20?
I checked the sales page forum for medeco bump keys but couldnt find anyone selling them for the classic or biaxial or m3.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:28 pm

Ron774 wrote:Do you sell the bump keys, either the 4 to the kingdom or the 20?
I checked the sales page forum for medeco bump keys but couldnt find anyone selling them for the classic or biaxial or m3.

Sorry, you will not find anybody selling these keys.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:34 pm

Ron774 wrote:Do you sell the bump keys, either the 4 to the kingdom or the 20?

To my knowledge he hasn't been selling them, particularly since the guy who invented the code setting keys has patented them. Also the guy who started this thread hasn't logged into the forum in over six months so might not even see this message.
<<

Pick-Fu

Familiar Face

Post Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:31 pm

Wow, I wish I would have been here for the duration of this thread... I would love to make some of these for my nephew who is a locksmith. He is constantly drilling Medeco's and putting in new ones. I told him that I picked a Medeco today and had to send the picture to him to prove it...
<<

r474

Post Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:45 pm

from r474 : I have a large collection of medeco locks, and have read carefully the ( open in 30 seconds) book. I figured out at least 6 of the code setting keys. would you mind sending me the 20 codes you have? my email address is rl243253@gmail.com thank you
PreviousNext

Return to Medeco