FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Simplex 900 Series

<<

ImSchatten360

Familiar Face

Post Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:25 pm

Simplex 900 Series

Hi,

I just stumbled upon those.
They have 5 push buttons arranged in a circle.
I have never seen those in the field but they look interesting.
Had anyone here ever the chance to mess with those?
Is there a way to get around them?
For example tension with the turning knob and analysing how the buttons behave?

ImSchatten360
http://www.youtube.com/ImSchatten360 Wanted: Bilock, For Sale: ASSA RUKO 3
<<

mister sour

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: Simplex 900 Series

i have one. U wanna toy with it? combo unknown????
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:52 pm

Not seen that particular one but there is a simplex lock on one of our doors at work... it's a 5 button lock with the buttons arranged vertically. The knob turns freely when locked so I doubt you could tension it to feel the buttons. There is a way to decode them but I can't remember it for the life of me, if anyone can figure it out though you can :mrgreen:
<<

ImSchatten360

Familiar Face

Post Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:03 am

Why don't you guys just toy with your locks a little and then you tell us what you figured out and maybe do a youtube video :D
I am not sure if you can just come up with a way of decoding or opening them just by trial and error. It might be necessary to have a look inside and I dont really want to mess with your locks. They are not really cheap.
But I still would be interested in some results :drool:
http://www.youtube.com/ImSchatten360 Wanted: Bilock, For Sale: ASSA RUKO 3
<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:10 am

ImSchatten360 wrote:Hi,

I just stumbled upon those.
They have 5 push buttons arranged in a circle.
I have never seen those in the field but they look interesting.
Had anyone here ever the chance to mess with those?
Is there a way to get around them?
For example tension with the turning knob and analysing how the buttons behave?

ImSchatten360

My university uses these. I have tried feeling the difference in pressing wrong buttons vs right buttons they all feel the same to me. They all require a pretty hard press to depress them as well as turning the latch. I'm unaware of how to decode these without using a table of possible codes one of my texts describes the combinations to try . I'm with everyone else though, take a look inside and toy around with it .
<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:18 am

Re: Simplex 900 Series for sale on ebay

Do search on eBay # 350490933410

Download the manual from here http://www.kaba-ilco.com/access_control ... 3&obj=1000
<<

selim

Diabolical Pinning Master & Lock Philanthropist
Diabolical Pinning Master & Lock Philanthropist

Post Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:20 am

take it apart, it's easy to change the combo.
<<

houdini1

Familiar Face

Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:10 pm

Hi all kabba simplex unicam can all be picked they have the same code chamber there are 3 types of feel tight button in the code one that depress half way in isnt in the code one that depresses three quarters may or may not be in the code it isnt its turn to be picked you can also use a button gauge to measure the movement or buy a book simplex made easy by chris belcher there is only 1081 codes not including half number presses which the instructions tell you to avoid down to wear and tear and you can down load these codes hope this helps all the best jason
<<

gfunx

Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:18 pm

I have not seen one of these in person, but from looking at the manual it looks like it operates the same as a regular simplex. The only difference seems to be the way that the buttons are set up to transfer motion to the gears.

I would guess that it would be possible to decode it the same way a regular simplex. Try turning the thumbturn to the point just before it resets and push down on each of the buttons. One of them should have a harder feel to it than the others. This one is binding and is part of the combination. Try that out. If it does bind, let me know and I can explain the rest of the process if needed. Hopefully that makes sense.
<<

TeamStarlet

Familiar Face

Post Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:06 am

I know this is an old topic but was doing some research and came across it.

Found an interesting PDF which explains the process fully. Figured it might be useful for others :)

http://www.tradelocks.co.uk/downloads/B ... l_2012.pdf
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:34 pm

TeamStarlet I've never seen this tool before, very interesting. I do have an observation though. All the locks in the instructions are for locks that have the combination chamber directly contacting the buttons. The 900 locks don't have that. Though the combination chamber is the same, the buttons have varying length "arms" that connect them to the chamber. There is a lot of flex in those parts. Compound this with the assembly method, they are "roll crimped" together, and they ALWAYS become sloppy with use. Replacing those button towers is the main repair on 900 locks. I would really like to try that tool. I have hundreds of Simplex locks at work. Thanks for the lesson!
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin

Return to KABA