FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Replacement cylinders for S&G 833C?

<<

mister sour

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:18 pm

Re: Replacement cylinders for S&G 833C?

ur badass squelchtone! thanks!
<<

spandexwarrior

Familiar Face

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:41 pm

Squelchtone wrote:Just to update the thread, and its funny to see a link to my server here..=) The commercial 833 cylinder is Medeco part number 51W0502-TF-S1 and costs $95.00 and includes 2 user keys and 1 control key. Depending on the locksmith you call, they'll either get it for you, or they'll tell you their Medeco rep said it's restricted and not sold to civilians and blah blah, dont know what they're talking about. Anyone can buy the 833 from S&G or resellers and anyone can buy the S1 keyway 833 cylinder. The TF in the part number is for the Teflon coating finish. The W is for Biaxial, which may no longer be available and may be replaced with a T which stands for M3.

Hope this helps,
Squelchtone

Thanks for the info! If you know of a specific Medeco dealer that will order these can you let us know? I've had three "Medeco Security Centers" tell me no (and so did Security Snobs).

-Brian
<<

nhoj_yelbom

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:09 pm

Squelchtone wrote:Just to update the thread, and its funny to see a link to my server here..=) The commercial 833 cylinder is Medeco part number 51W0502-TF-S1 and costs $95.00 and includes 2 user keys and 1 control key. Depending on the locksmith you call, they'll either get it for you, or they'll tell you their Medeco rep said it's restricted and not sold to civilians and blah blah, dont know what they're talking about. Anyone can buy the 833 from S&G or resellers and anyone can buy the S1 keyway 833 cylinder. The TF in the part number is for the Teflon coating finish. The W is for Biaxial, which may no longer be available and may be replaced with a T which stands for M3.

Hope this helps,
Squelchtone

my local locksmiths don't even check to see if they can get one.... i need one to find a place to order one also
Wanted TrioVing, ASSA, BiLock, Environmental Locks and Keys, Ingersoll
<<

macgng

Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...
Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...

Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:20 am

It's in the newest 2011 Medeco product catalog. near the back of the Retrofit section they have a whole section for padlock cylinders. S&G has a category but in the catalog I have it only lists the 826/831 cylinder.

I dont get why they wont bother checking.... all they have to do is send an email with a part number... you are paying them money... do they not like money?? I've had plenty of lockies check on medeco item numbers for me with no problem.
Nibbler: The poop-eradication is but one aspect of your importance.
Previous

Return to Sargent & Greenleaf