FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

WINTER X-GAMES

<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: WINTER X-GAMES

Sorry for the intrusion to your thread Oldfast, but I was talking with quabillion when he was taking apart the Hi Shear, and your takedown is missing a few items of importance, so I figured I would add a few pics here. ;)

When you take out the cylinder and its housing, dont push on the anti drill disc. It is not attached in any way, and may damage a small spring clip kind of thing holding it in. There is also a small piece that will fall out, so please be careful. The easiest way is to take the key out and insert it upside down and gently push until it gets past the ball bearing, then use your fingers to push on the bible.

The anti drill disc:

The clip that holds it into place. The best way to get it back in is to get it started with your fingers and then use the cylinder to slowly push it back into place.

The little piece that falls out. I believe it is for drilling protection.

And how it should all go back in. Put the drill disc in first, then the retaining clip, then place the small part on top. It just sits there.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:42 pm

Not intrusive at all! Excellent info that'll certainly help with assembly & should help prevent possible damage when disassembling. I had actually snapped a picture of this before sending it out... anticipating this question would arise. Now I don't have to post it :)

Riyame wrote:Sorry for the intrusion to your thread Oldfast, but I was talking with quabillion when he was taking apart the Hi Shear, and your takedown is missing a few items of importance, so I figured I would add a few pics here. ;)

When you take out the cylinder and its housing, dont push on the anti drill disc. It is not attached in any way, and may damage a small spring clip kind of thing holding it in. There is also a small piece that will fall out, so please be careful. The easiest way is to take the key out and insert it upside down and gently push until it gets past the ball bearing, then use your fingers to push on the bible.

The little piece that falls out. I believe it is for drilling protection.

Also, this piece can be a bit finicky. If not placed properly, it'll prevent the face of the plug from butting right up tight to the casing/body. I normally place the plug in about halfway, then insert it & position it with some tweezers... then push the plug down on it. When assembled properly, there should be no gap in between the plug face & body.

Thanks again Eric for clarifying.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:03 pm

Yes, I usually tilt it so that the bible is towards me and slightly down, then place that piece on the outside rim then slide it in. Found that to be the easiest.

Then all you have to do is ensure it is sitting the right way up (As it looks in the picture) and firmly press the cylinder in.

And no problem Oldfast. I thought since quabillion didnt notice it I had better let the people know about it. :smile:
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

the picker

Familiar Face

Post Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:34 pm

hello to all i have had the 831b for one week in which time i disassembled and reassembled about 10 times until i was doing blind.my impression of this lock is 1st its damn heavy 2nd its very well made and 3rd i want one :razz: .ps oldfast is the bomb for sending this around thank much i had allot of fun with it.
<<

Oldfast

Post Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:55 pm

The pleasure is all mine Picker! Happy to hear you enjoyed it. Thanks again for taking such care with the shipping... much appreciated.
<<

Oldfast

Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:31 pm

So, a minor setback with the 831B. During it's latest cross-country trip, the key was bent/cracked. I want to make VERY clear... it's no biggy, and CERTAINLY no one is to blame. I mean lets face it.. lol.. placing a 4-pound hunk of metal along with a key in the same box is tricky business. There's only so much you can do.

So, two things:

1) To anyone that was thinking of receiving this lock... just be aware that it will not have a working key with it.

2) Is there anyone that would be willing to be the next recipient of this lock, that is ALSO equipped to make a working key?
This way, people can get the FULL experience as it continues its' tour. I'd be happy to (and expect to) pay you for your services.
I do not have the equipment or the knowledge to produce such a key. (And, just to be on the safe side, I suppose I should clarify. I'm looking for either a professional OR someone that will produce professional results)

Thanks so much.... PM me if you'd like.

Also, as long as I'm here... there's currently no 'next-in-line takers' for the HI-SHEAR?!
(if you're interested, please take a moment to read the original post in this thread before steppin' in line)

And eventually, when there's no more interest shown... I've a very special 'FINAL DESTINATION' in mind for these beasts!
In my opinion, it will be the perfect ending to the WINTER X-GAMES!!
:D
<<

Bryanxwhite

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:27 am

Not to be greedy, i would love a go at the Hi-Shear!! I'll make sure the 831 is on its way to the next taker. By the way, let me know to to send the 831 to, thanks!
<<

Oldfast

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:56 pm

Bryanxwhite wrote:........ i would love a go at the Hi-Shear!! .......

Most certainly! I've updated the list Bryan.
As far as the 831, (if you don't mind) hold onto it a bit longer while we find another destination for it.
<<

pickafication

Familiar Face

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:00 pm

i would be greatly interested in one of them :') see if i can pick it out of the box for ya :)
<<

Oldfast

Post Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:47 pm

Big thanks to bryanxwhite..... the 831B will be headed to CANADA next.

He also mentioned he's currently too busy to receive the HI-SHEAR... so it's up for grabs.
<<

Thedonofdeath

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:00 am

Sargent & Greenleaf 831B I would like to have a try at this :)
<<

Oldfast

Post Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:33 pm

HI-SHEAR will be headed to Thedonofdeath in Florida.

As mentioned, the 831B will be in Canada for a visit with Pickafication. If anyone else there is interested, be sure to speak up before he's through with it eh? It's only going through customs once. Whenever it returns to the states, Thedonofdeath has first dibs.
<<

pickafication

Familiar Face

Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:01 pm

anyone else in canada that it can go on tour with?
and ps, oldfast ill post the video for ya when i receive the lock >:)
<<

Oldfast

Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:27 pm

Very much lookin' foward to it!!! Win, lose, or draw.... you're my hero of the month... tryn' your very first Medeco EVER on video!
<<

pickafication

Familiar Face

Post Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:24 pm

medecco raped me in the bum.. getting the hang of it those :')
PreviousNext

Return to Sargent & Greenleaf