FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Drilling Medeco core out of S&G 826

<<

NNFAK

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:24 pm

Drilling Medeco core out of S&G 826

So I just bought this lock from james504 (first time meeting the guy and he is a badass dude) and he had been drilling the core but I bought it off him without the job finished so I need to pick up the rest but the problem is I have no idea what I am doing. The lock seems to have all the pins drilled out and the sidebar drilled out but it wont open. I don't know if this will help at all but here is a picture of it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:26 pm

Re: Drilling Medeco core out of S&G 826

Hmm, you could use a dremel with a carbide cutter to take more of the core out. Or you could use a big screwdriver with a wrench to try and force it
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

mister sour

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:24 pm

I remember when he bought that! wow, he did a number on it! I've seen ppl drill these before. they usually drill the pin stacks and by the side bar. riy may have a point. the cylinder may be compromised. how is james?
<<

NNFAK

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:40 pm

mister sour wrote:I remember when he bought that! wow, he did a number on it! I've seen ppl drill these before. they usually drill the pin stacks and by the side bar. riy may have a point. the cylinder may be compromised. how is james?

Yeah I actually found what the problem was, there is a pin in the very back that is hiding but you can see the very bottom of it so that needs to be taken care of and then maybe when that comes out the lock will open.

And I only got to talk to him for a little bit but he seemed to be doing alright. We live about 30 to 40 minutes away from each other so I am sure as time goes on we will trade a bit more.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:00 am

Im guessing that it is just the top pin left in there. Use a short hook or a bent paperclip to push it up into the bible.

<<

keymaster1053

Post Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:02 am

From that picture, I would dare to say the hole isn't hardly deep enough, they drilled the bottom of the keyway deeper than the top. (and the top is what needs to be drilled all the way to the back) and I don't think they even touched the sidebar yet.(of course it could just be the angle I'm looking at the picture too.) IF you can drill the top all the way to the back cleanly, you may not need to drill the sidebar, as without pins, you may be able to force by it. I wouldn't attempt this free hand, use a drill press so you can drill a nice straight clean path. Then you should be able to pop it. Good Luck!
(20:10:59) Blacky: oki
(20:18:08) MBI: Me working for the CIA is about as likely as you working in the Middle East.
(20:19:01) Riyame: lol
(20:19:05) Riyame: he is in dubai
(20:19:26) MBI rescinds his previous comment
<<

mister sour

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:03 am

Riyame wrote:Im guessing that it is just the top pin left in there. Use a short hook or a bent paperclip to push it up into the bible.

this padlock was seized in the first place. im betting that pin wont move
<<

Riyame

Post Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:12 am

I see. I would really recommend a carbide cutter then. You could really grind at the right place instead of trying to get it with a drillbit.

<<

NNFAK

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:31 am

mister sour wrote:
Riyame wrote:Im guessing that it is just the top pin left in there. Use a short hook or a bent paperclip to push it up into the bible.

this padlock was seized in the first place. im betting that pin wont move

You are right mister sour, the pin will move a little bit then get stuck again. I am scared to mess with this lock though.

Oh and keymaster, I just checked and the sidebar has been drilled out and the top pins have been drilled other than the last one. I really need a drill press though.

Return to Sargent & Greenleaf